Monday, December 29, 2014

885 CALORIES

It is hard to believe that the same guy who less than one week ago gave almost no thought to consuming a 2000 calorie meal has just completed another day of SATISFYING EATING that was actually under 900 calories for the day!  I promise you I found myself no hungrier today than on any other day of the previous many years.  Four days ago, during my 'wellness' checkup, my doctor said that we really don't have to eat so much at one sitting as the next meal is typically only 6 hours away.   We only need enough to survive until that next meal.   This is what I ate today:

BREAKFAST:   TWO (2) NAVEL ORANGES (85 calories each)         170 CALORIES
LUNCH:           3-EGG OMELETTE w/CHEESE                                    425 CALORIES
DINNER:           ONE (1) SMOKED POLISH SAUSAGE
                          w/TWO (2) CUPS OF BROCCOLI CUTS                   290 CALORIES

                                                          TOTAL             885 CALORIES

I did eat this same menu yesterday as well as I am a creature of habit.  Remember, I am the guy who previously divulged that I ate only about 8 different 'entrees' from only five different 'restaurants' over a period of multiple years.   THIS FOOD TASTES BETTER.   I FEEL BETTER.   I AM GETTING BETTER.    By the time I visit my doctor in eight weeks for the followup appointment from my 'wellness' exam - I expect to be a lot 'weller' than I was way, way back on December 24, 2014 when I woke up! (no typo there, that exam took place a scant four days ago!)


The highpoint of my day was the five (5) mile walk I took with my daughter.   The first 2.5 miles was a true cardio experience as we were racing to the brand-new Maggie Daley Park in Chicago before darkness set in.    I don't know what precise speed we were walking, but we were walking fast and stopping only to cross busy downtown streets.    On the way back, we took our time and there was no cardio component to the return trip.   Nevertheless, I am going to assume that it was far better than hopping onto a bus.   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting back on track! Today is day 1 for me. Lost 50 and gained back 66. I'm so ready to make healthier choices again...looking forward to feeling better and looking better. Keep up the great work!

Marc Jacobs said...

Maria....It is just so simple isn't it? The advice that I am giving to myself is to remember what I did that was so successful the first time I lost weight. Any day is a good day for Day 1. Today, December 29th becomes your new birthday....certainly your REBIRTHDAY! Can you imagine the joy you will feel stepping onto a scale on your REBIRTHDAY next year? That is what I am thinking about for myself. Good Luck to you! Thank you for the words of encouragement. Marc