Monday, January 19, 2015

RABBI HILLEL DIET

Two days ago, I reported that I had lost 24 lbs in 24 days.  Certainly what it is that I am doing has produced the desired results.  I am not following any popular diet plan.  Up until now my plan had no name.  That is no longer the case.  My plan has a name.

It is the  'Rabbi Hillel Diet.'

One of my favorite stories that I learned within the past two years from my Rabbi at my Chabad House in Chicago involves a story about the great sage, Rabbi Hillel.   This 2000+ year old story goes something like this: A man interested in converting to Judaism said that he would accept the teachings of Judaism if a Rabbi could teach him the entire Torah (Five Books of Moses) while the prospect stood on one foot.   He first asked this of a Rabbi who was insulted by the 'ridiculous' request.   The prospect was undeterred.  The prospect approached Rabbi Hillel.  Rabbi Hillel rose to the challenge, and he said:

"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole Torah; the rest is commentary - go and study it!"
It is from this famous quote that I have fashioned the name of my plan.  You could now ask me what is the name of my weight loss plan.   You could task me with divulging this information while you stood on one foot.


"What is unhealthy for you, do not eat. That is the whole plan; the rest is commentary - go and have lunch!"

Rabbi Hillel was asked to teach a prospective convert to Judaism the entire Torah while the prospect stood on one foot.  Rabbi Hillel accepted the challenge. "What iS hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole Torah; the rest is commentary - go and study it!(artwork by Sara, my talented daughter)


That's it.   It is truly simple.   Not necessarily easy, but truly simple.  If someone should ask me what plan I am following to lose weight - I will simply say: It is the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet.'

'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have written extremely brilliant.
I've notice some tips from your post.
Thank you for sharing these tips.

pure cambogia slim