Saturday, January 24, 2015

THE WEIGHT IS OVER

I have anticipated weighing myself today with great enthusiasm.
This morning the wait is over. (at least until next week)

276.4

I weigh 276.4 lbs.
I lost 8.3 lbs this week.
I lost 32.6 lbs in 31 days. Today begins Day 32.
I have lost more than one pound per day for 31 straight days.
I have lost 4 inches on my waist.  Size 50 to 46.
I no longer buy XXL.  I am 'only' XL.
My new 46" waist black jeans don't just fit, they are comfortable.
I have exceeded my wildest expectations, I am only just starting.
I weigh 276.4 lbs. (31 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I know just how to celebrate - good morning treadmill.


HERE IS HOW I DID IT

CALORIES CONSUMED THIS WEEK         TIME ON TREADMILL       'MILES WALKED'
SATURDAY                                       661                           60 minutes                                   4
SUNDAY                                            841                           60 minutes                                   4
MONDAY                                          736                          120 minutes                                   8
TUESDAY                                          956                         120 minutes                                  8
WEDNESDAY*                                  876                           60 minutes                                  4
THURSDAY                                       936                          120 minutes                                  8
FRIDAY                                              879                          210 minutes                                14

*on Wednesday I also logged 60 minutes on an elliptical machine which I am not counting in miles.

CALORIES CONSUMED  5885    12.5 HOURS        50 MILES 

Somehow, I managed to consume even less calories this week than last week.  I do continue to surprise myself.   Please remember, it is possible that as recently as 5 weeks ago, I might have had nearly 6000 calories in one day.   I wasn't counting back then, but I am also not exaggerating. (I am definitely not bragging about it.)

My doctor's orders after my 'wellness' visit on December 24, 2014 were quite specific.
"Exercise regularly.  Aerobic exercise like fast walking, jogging, biking or swimming 4 to 6 days per week"     I think I got that covered, this week, at least.

I realized on Friday morning that I had the opportunity to 'walk' 50 miles in one calendar week which for me is Saturday 12:01AM until Friday 11:59PM.    I decided that I 'needed' to return to my treadmill again at  9:30 PM to log a third hour for the day.... and return again at 11:00PM to log an additional 30 minutes to log the last 2 miles so that I could take pride in the fact that I had 'walked' 50 miles in one week.

How far is 50 Miles?    (1 mile = 1.6 kilometers)
I 'walked' 80 Kilometers (I like that, it sounds like a longer distance)

I do intend to continue to enjoy sub 1000 calorie days.  My follow-up appointment with my doctor is scheduled for February 20.   At that time, I will seek his advice as to how to proceed.  (and if I like the advice, I will follow it)

FRIDAY MENU

BREAKFAST   3 poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'  (I am a man of habit)  280 CALORIES
LUNCH            cup Sweet Potato Bisque Soup, one salmon burger                       240 CALORIES
DINNER           spinach pancake, 4oz salmon filet, cup French lentil soup            358 CALORIES

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE   878 CALORIES
TOTAL CALORIES BURNED 600+600+600+300 = 2100 (Is this really possible?)


  1. Chicago is 92 miles from Milwaukee.   It takes about 90 minutes to make the drive without traffic.  It's as if I walked more than halfway to Milwaukee from Chicago this week.

    I do not know if I will ever log that many walking miles in one week again. I certainly had no idea that I was going to do that this week.   Let's just say that that is not my goal.   My goal remains precisely what the doctor ordered: regular exercise.   At least 4 to 6 times per week.

I have been recently burning the candle on both ends, and I must admit that I took an unplanned nap for nearly 3 hours in the late afternoon/early evening.   Look, I woke up on Friday morning around 5AM and started my day - I guess I am not immune from exhaustion
.
Dinner: Lentil Soup, 4 oz salmon, spinach burger 358 CALORIES
    

Friday Evening 11:30PM completing my 50th mile for the week.

2 comments:

OldTownGal said...

CONGRATULATIONS MARC! I have been waiting SO patiently for your results today. You are such an inspiration to me. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!!

Marc Jacobs said...

Hello OldTownGal. It brings me joy to learn that there are people out there who are getting something out of my blog. I have been using the blog to sort out some of my own thoughts and motivations. I am pleased to learn that others can take some inspiration from it. Thank you for being a reader! Marc