Monday, January 5, 2015

ISAAC NEWTON - LAW OF GRAVITY

Isaac Newton (1642-1726) is credited with this quote: "What goes up, must come down."   Who knows if he really did say this or not.   We know that it is not inevitable that when one's weight goes up, that it will likely go down.   In fact, it is highly unlikely without a massive intervention on oneself. In recent years, gasoline prices have gone up.  It was only a few summers ago when it appeared that the gas price was destined to cross the $5.00/gallon barrier.   In the past, every time I gassed up, there was an additional expense of at least $3.00 for junk food.  Sometimes things do change.   I filled my tank yesterday on the way to Cincinnati.   I paid the stunning price of $1.659/gallon.  My total transaction at the gas station was only $18.00.  In recent days, and I expect in the weeks to come, both gas prices and my weight will continue to fall.  It is inevitable that gas prices will rise again.   It is not inevitable that my weight will rise again.   I have already seen that movie and I don't like the ending.   This time, I am determined to lose the weight, and learn how to keep it off.   Yesterday, I consumed less than 800 calories, and after my dinner I felt full.   My stomach is no longer stretched to the limit 24 hours per day.  After seven years of eating like a moron,  it now seems so easy to have a healthy diet.

$1.659/gallon for gasoline  (Indiana Jan 4, 2015)

No comments: