Saturday, January 31, 2015

THE SCALE OF JUSTICE DID NOT TIP IN MY FAVOR

This week I went wild with 20 hours on the treadmill.
I continued to consume less than 1000 calories each day.
I was expecting a very satisfying result on the scale.
I was so excited with anticipation, it was hard to fall asleep last night.
AND YET, WHEN I STEPPED ONTO THE SCALE THIS MORNING, I WOULD BE LYING IF I SAID THAT I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED.

It seemed unjust to me that I spent 20 hours on a treadmill and 'only' lost 3.7 lbs.

I was victimized by an unjust metabolism this week!

272.7

I weigh 272.7 lbs.
I lost only 3.7 lbs this week.
I lost 36.3 lbs in 38 days. Today begins Day 39.
I have lost more than 4 inches on my waist.  
I am still at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 272.7 lbs. (38 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 11.7% of my weight since Dec 24.
Although I am disappointed that I only lost 3.7 lbs this week...
...I know how to begin this week... 
treadmill


My efforts this week did not seem commensurate with my results.

CALORIES CONSUMED THIS WEEK         TIME ON TREADMILL       'MILES WALKED'
SATURDAY                                       981                           120 minutes                                     8
SUNDAY                                           999                            180 minutes                                   12
MONDAY                                          842                            180 minutes                                   12
TUESDAY                                          990                           180 minutes                                   12
WEDNESDAY                                   847                           180 minutes                                   12
THURSDAY                                       957                           180 minutes                                   12
FRIDAY                                              859                           180 minutes                                   12


CALORIES CONSUMED  6475    20 HOURS        80 MILES 

I increased my calories consumed by 10% over last week.
I increased my time on the treadmill by 60% over last week.

CONCLUSION: I did still lose 3.7 lbs.  It is probably unfair to accuse my body of hitting a plateau.  By definition a plateau would have been represented by no change.  I presume that I am toning (and perhaps building up) the muscles in my legs.  Building muscle works in contradiction to weight loss - although it is a desired outcome.  I was convinced that I was going to have lost at least 8 lbs this week.  I did not.  There is only one thing to do - continue doing what I am doing.  And that is precisely what I am going to do.



FRIDAY MENU

BREAKFAST   three poached eggs, 2 strips turkey 'bacon'                                     280 CALORIES
LUNCH             two Orca Bay salmon patties, cup pumpkin soup                          320 CALORIES
DINNER           Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi Burger, 2.5 oz Baby Spinach
                           tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing, Creamy Corn Pepper Soup      257 CALORIES                                            


TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION         857 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED

5AM  TREADMILL: 60 minutes @ 4 mph (4 miles) 600 CALORIES
6PM   TREADMILL: 60 minutes @ 4 mph (4 miles) 600 CALORIES
8PM   TREADMILL: 60 minutes @ 4 mph (4 miles) 600 CALORIES

NET CALORIC DEFICIT     943 CALORIES


Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi Burger on a bed of Baby Spinach w/balsamic vinaigrette, Creamy Corn & Pepper Soup  257 CALORIES


No comments: