Wednesday, January 14, 2015

TWO FOR TUESDAY

Back in the days when I listened to the radio, that is before I had access to my entire music library on my iPhone,  rock radio stations often had 'Two for Tuesday' promotions.  They would simply play two songs from the same artist back-to-back.   A good way to start any day is with two tracks from The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin or Blue Öyster Cult.  Today was my own personal 'Two for Tuesday.'

I completed TWO (2) workouts.  The first at 5AM, the second at 6PM.  Each session had me on the treadmill walking at a 4 mph pace for 45 minutes.   1000 CALORIES BURNED.

I also managed to enjoy two three-course meals.


My first appointment today was in Topeka, Kansas.   For lunch I visited yet another Jason's Deli and sampled something different for lunch.

ORGANIC VEGETABLE SOUP BOWL  150 CALORIES
MEDITERRANEAN WRAP - HALF        180 CALORIES
FRUIT SIDE ORDER                                  60 CALORIES              ($9.34)

I only had one banana for breakfast (120 Calories)  I had plenty of calories 'in the bank' so I was able to enjoy my second three-course meal of the day at Jason's Deli back in Lawrence, Kansas where I was lodging for the evening.

In the spirit of continuing to try new things at Jason's I ordered something different yet again.

SPINACH VEGGIE WRAP - HALF       185 CALORIES
FRENCH ONION SOUP CUP                 180 CALORIES
FRUIT SIDE ORDER                                60 CALORIES                 ($7.92)

I checked the Jason's website for the caloric content of the 'fruit dip' that they insist on serving with the strawberries and melon.    That fruit dip is listed at 150 calories.    I have not tasted it.  I don't intend to taste it.   It does not seem reasonable that the garnish on a food item is more than twice the caloric content of the food item!  This same warning should be applied to high calorie salad dressing on low calorie salad.

TOTAL TUESDAY CONSUMPTION                                         935 CALORIES
LESS TOTAL CALORIC EXPENDITURE ON TREADMILL 1000 CALORIES
NET CALORIC CONSUMPTION FOR THE DAY                    -65 CALORIES <---NEGATIVE

I still feel that I am still breaking out of the starting gate on this race that never ends.   Once again, I am eagerly looking forward to stepping onto a scale again at the conclusion of the week.

Wednesday morning started off excellently.   I was back on the treadmill this morning at 5AM and this time I logged 60 minutes @4mph which is precisely 4 miles.   Burned 679 CALORIES.  I did weigh 290 lbs last Saturday.  I don't know what my weight is this morning.  I do know it is less than 290.

Jason's Deli LUNCH 390 CALORIES
Jason's Deli DINNER 425 CALORIES

No comments: