Thursday, January 8, 2015

JASON'S DELI

I searched the internet for the healthiest fast food style restaurants in America.  I found a FORBES article that listed Jason's Deli as one of the best.  I had never heard of Jason's Deli.  They have nearly 250 restaurants sprinkled among 28 states. I have now discovered that there are a half-dozen in my hometown of Chicago.   What is more important to me are the restaurants that I can visit when I am on the road.   I learned that Cincinnati had one restaurant.  After my morning appointment, instead of driving to the nearest McDonalds or Burger King as I have done for the past 7 years, I drove 10 miles to get to Jason's Deli.  This restaurant chain specializes in organic ingredients and offers many healthy sandwiches, soups and salads.   This was the healthy and delicious choice I made today.

Fire Roasted Tortilla Soup - Bowl              200 CALORIES
Asiago Pot Roast Roast Sandwich - Half  310 CALORIES
                                       TOTAL LUNCH      510 CALORIES     $11.72

Eating properly is fun when some effort is used to pick interesting places and make healthy decisions. Tomorrow, I will finish in Cincinnati and head to Indianapolis for an appointment Friday morning.  Before I live Cincinnati I will return to this Jason's Deli for lunch.  There is a Jason's Deli in that Indianapolis.   I know where I am having lunch on Friday.

Jason's Deli: Totilla Soup Bowl, Asiago Pot Roast Half Sandwich 510 CALORIES




No comments: