Thursday, January 8, 2015

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE....I STARTED DRINKING AGAIN!

Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth, the forgetful genius inventor on Futurama, has an odd habit of saying, "Good News Everyone" followed by some extremely bad news.  I have twisted that around this morning.  My good news is good news.  I have started drinking again. WATER.  I always consumed burgers with diet soda, and cake with diet soda, and cookies with diet soda, and candy with diet soda.  Now that I have started eating actual food, I am finding that WATER is the better beverage. meals are now enjoyed with a glass of water. It is the healthier choice. I still drink zero calorie flavored sparkling water between meals. I will continue to consider healthy and healthier choices as the weeks go by. Nevertheless, progress has been made. WATER with breakfast. WATER with lunch. WATER with dinner.

Ten days ago when I hopped onto the treadmill for the first time in a long, long time I struggled just to walk 4 mph for 20 minutes.  My heart rate at the conclusion of this 'vigorous' exercise was 144 BPM (beat per minute).

This morning I completed my fifth day in a row on the treadmill.  I have not changed my 4 mph speed.  Each session has been for 30 minutes.   My heart rate this morning after 30 minutes was only 124 BPM.   Further proof, that all kinds of physical results of changing one's lifestyle start appearing quickly.   I guess it's time to 'step it up a notch." (no pun intended)




No comments: