Saturday, January 17, 2015

IF CURRENT TRENDS CONTINUE...AAY!

The big news today, especially for my loyal readers (Wife, Mother, and one or both of my Brothers) is that in the past seven days I have lost an additional 5.5 lbs.  This means that since way, way back on December 24th, 2014 (a mere twenty four days ago) I have lost a total of 24.3 lbs.  (I HAVE LOST ONE POUND PER DAY FOR THE PAST 24 DAYS!)

This is the number of calories that I consumed in the past seven days:
Saturday     721
Sunday       948
Monday      971
Tuesday      935
Wednesday 981
Thursday    821
Friday         776
TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED FOR THE WEEK, PAST SEVEN DAYS = 6,153

This is probably the smallest amount of calories that I have consumed since my first weeks of life (you know, back in 1957 sometime after I took my first breath)   I firmly believe that my body was the recipient of more real, nutritious and healthy food than it has consumed in nearly a decade.  I consumed actual protein rich foods, good carbohydrates, reduced chemical additives, plenty of water AND I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER OR MORE ENERGETIC.

TOTAL WORKOUTS FOR THE WEEK, PAST SEVEN DAYS = 305 MINUTES (5 HOURS)

My workouts mixed walking, elliptical and tread climbing.  My workouts took place in the morning and/or evenings.

I have not exercised so much since 7 years ago when I did successfully lose 80 lbs.  (That is, before I moronically gained every pound back, and tacked on nine more for good luck.)

It is really not a mystery why my successful weight loss this week was virtually guaranteed.

I know that this cannot continue indefinitely, but it sure is fun now.

Yesterday, my wife and I went shopping at Costco.  We 'discovered' Mahi Mahi in the freezer section. This is another delicious addition to my menu.  A 5oz. piece of Mahi Mahi is only 160 Calories.  I combined that with mixed vegetables for my totally satisfying 235 calorie dinner.

I do suppose that at some point I will have a chocolate again.  At this point I don't foresee the desire overwhelming me.  When one remembers that the calories in one chocolate bar can only be negated by 30 minutes of cardio - the chocolate bar quickly loses its appeal.

You cannot imagine how great I feel today.  I have lost exactly one pound per day since December 24, 2014 at 10:00AM in the morning when I switched some synapses in my brain and decided during my routine 'wellness' exam that I was going to lose weight.  (TODAY BEGINS DAY 25)  I went from a person with ZERO SELF-CONTROL to a person with COMPLETE SELF-CONTROL in the length of time that it takes to blink an eye.  (A 'minor' personal issue is that the wisdom of this decision had eluded me for only 7 years!)

I have lost 24 pounds in 24 days.   If current trends continue, I will be down 100 lbs by the first week of April.   Don't worry - I know with complete certitude that this is ridiculous.   It brings to mind, Disco Stu, a character from 'The Simpsons.'   There is a flashback scene where Disco Stu points to a graph and says that DISCO RECORD sales were up 400% in 1976.   "IF CURRENT TRENDS CONTINUE... AAY."    We all know that 'current trends' of disco record sales did NOT (thankfully) continue.   I, too, know that my personal 'current trends' will not continue at this pace.  I also know that direction of this trend will continue for quite some time.

"Did you know that disco record sales were up 400% for the year ending 1976?  If current trends continue... AAY!"    (DISCO STU from The Simpsons)


December 24, 2014  I weighed 309 lbs.
January 17, 2015     I weigh 284.7 lbs.

More good news: 
During my initial 'wellness' exam December 24, 2014   BLOOD PRESSURE WAS 158/82
YESTERDAY January 16, 2015 before gum surgery    BLOOD PRESSURE WAS 139/85
This is another good trend.
My blood pressure is still elevated.   This is not shocking.  I weigh 284.7 lbs.  I AM obese.
I only see thin, when I look in the mirror.   That is MY mind playing tricks on me.
I have a long way to go before I can be unclassified as obese.

Mahi Mahi (5oz) & Mixed Vegetables (1 cup) = 235 CALORIES

Right now, it is time to celebrate.   I will put on my sneakers and take a 60 minutes walk at 4 mph on my treadmill.   Burning off another 600 calories is a excellent idea.  (I'm glad I thought it!)

No comments: