Friday, January 30, 2015

80 MILES

Last week, I logged 50 miles 'walking' on my treadmill. I admit I was very impressed with myself. This week, I turned it up a notch. As always I only 'walked' one hour at a time. I always rested at least a couple of hours between 'walks.' Last Saturday (first day of the week) I 'walked' twice, 2 hours total, 8 miles. Starting Sunday, I spent three sessions per day, each lasting one hour, logging 12 'miles' per day always at 4 mph. Today is Friday morning, and I will definitely 'walk' three times today so that my weekly total will be 80 MILES.

80 miles 'walked' on the treadmill in one week @ 4 mph (20 hours) burning approximately  12,000 CALORIES!
I have been assuming that each time I spent one hour on the treadmill that I was burning approximately 600 calories. Last evening, I double-checked five different websites that calculate calories burned for various exercises. Although each website produced a different result - the average was indeed slightly more than 600 calories using my weight last recorded of 274 lbs.  I just wanted to make sure that my estimate of calories burned was correct.

I am restating that my goal for exercise in the future is to follow my doctor's orders: "Exercise regularly.  Aerobic exercise like fast walking 4 to 6 days per week." OK, so I went a little (a lot) overboard this week. I had the opportunity and I seized it.  I 'carped' my diem! (Carpe Diem)

In conjunction with this 20 hours of exercise, I enjoyed another week where each day I kept my caloric intake below 1000 calories. In 24 hours, when I step onto my scale I am expecting to see a very rewarding result. I know that people who are losing weight sometimes hit various plateaus. This will not be a plateau week. I am fairly certain of that.

This week I spent 20 hours on the treadmill.  'Walking' 4 mph - I logged 80 miles!


THURSDAY MENU

BREAKFAST   three poached eggs, 2 strips turkey 'bacon'                                     280 CALORIES
LUNCH             iceberg lettuce, clam chowder cup, 3 oz. Costco Beef                   333 CALORIES
DINNER           cup pumpkin soup, cup broccoli, iceberg lettuce wedge
                           Trader Joe's Turkey Burger                                                             343 CALORIES


TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION         956 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED

5AM  TREADMILL: 60 minutes @ 4 mph (4 miles) 600 CALORIES
6PM   TREADMILL: 60 minutes @ 4 mph (4 miles) 600 CALORIES
8PM   TREADMILL: 60 minutes @ 4 mph (4 miles) 600 CALORIES

NET CALORIC DEFICIT     844 CALORIES


Trader Joe's Turkey Burger, lettuce wedge, Balsamic Dressing, cup of broccoli, cup  pumpkin soup 343 CALORIES

IN 24 HOURS,  I WILL WEIGH MYSELF.  
SEE YOU TOMORROW!
I CAN HARDLY WEIGHT!





No comments: