Monday, January 19, 2015

THE RETURN OF TRADER JOE'S

The return of Trader Joe's? Not Quite. Trader Joe's never went anywhere. I guess it would be more accurate to say it was me who returned to Trader Joe's.  Yesterday afternoon I went on a mini shopping spree. I carefully examined everything I bought and checked calories. I bought some Brussel Spouts, Spinach and chopped vegetables.  I found some interesting soups with low calorie counts: Pumpkin, Chicken Noodle and Sweet Potato Bisque.  Lastly I purchased Mahi Mahi Patties, Pre-Cut Angus Beef and Sweet Apple Chicken Sausages.  This should make some of my upcoming meals more interesting next week.  Food Shopping is now both important to me and fun for me.

While walking the aisles at Trader Joe's most ridiculous thing I did see (which of course I did not buy) was CHOCOLATE COVERED POTATO CHIPS.  Really, Trader Joe's?   Potato Chips are not unhealthy enough?  They need to be covered in chocolate?  The sad truth is, had I been in Trader Joe's a month ago - I am sure I would have bought this product!

It is fun to lose weight.  (I remember this as I lost 80 lbs seven years ago, before I stupidly gained every pound back and tacked on nine more for 'good luck.')  One thing that I am looking forward to is seeing friends, family and customers after I have lost enough weight for it to be immediately noticeable.   Yesterday, I saw my friend, my favorite Chabad Rabbi for the first time since before December 24th.   The very first thing he said to me was, "Slim!"   I really didn't expect anyone to notice how much weight I had lost quite yet. Apparently my Rabbi has amazing powers of observation.  It was very gratifying to know that my efforts are now becoming visible to others. It felt great!

Sunday was another low calorie day:
BREAKFAST   three poached eggs with two slices of turkey 'bacon'                           280 CALORIES
LUNCH            1 cup Trader Joe's Chicken Noodle Soup, one Maryland Crab Cake   290 CALORIES
DINNER           2 cups Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix, one Maryland Crab Cake      270 CALORIES

                                TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION SUNDAY      840 CALORIES

SUNDAY MORNING 4 MILE WALK @ 4 MPH for 60 MINUTES - BURNED 600 CALORIES

NET CALORIC INTAKE WAS ONLY +240

The many billions of fat cells in my body are now fighting a war that they cannot win!


My favorite question that I am looking forward to hearing: HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT?

Since I had promised my Rabbi that I would join him for morning minyan on Monday - I completed my workout for Monday a little earlier than usual.   I started at 12:30AM and finished at 1:30AM.   I have had bundles of energy these past few weeks.   I have been either staying up late, or getting up very early, sometimes both.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great! I love all this valuable insight to healthy eating now and for a lifetime.