Friday, January 9, 2015

MY NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANT

Jason's Deli is fast becoming my new favorite restaurant.   There are only a handful of cities in the midwest where I travel that I can visit them.  I will be visiting a Jason's Deli as often as possible when I am traveling away from home.  The amazing thing is that there is one of these gems 1.5 miles (2.4km) from my home in Chicago.  I have never even seen it, certainly I have never noticed it before.  I will surely be checking it out soon.  This has been an introduction to announce that I ate lunch at Jason's Deli again today:

Amy's Turkey-O Half Sandwich           240 CALORIES
Spicy Seafood Gumbo Soup Bowl         230 CALORIES
                           TOTAL LUNCH          470 CALORIES   $9.16

I have never before purposely ordered anything anywhere that was labeled as spicy.   Either this Gumbo was not very spicy, or I am not quite as totally intolerant to spicy foods as I previously thought.   Perhaps it makes a difference that I was eating it slowly and really trying to savor it.
Tomorrow is Friday.  I will be driving back home to be with my family over the weekend.  I am eager to get on the scale on Saturday morning to measure my results this past week.   Metaphorically speaking, I expect to be nearing Interstate Highway 290.  (290 lbs, that is.)

Jason's Deli: Amy's Half Turkey & Spicy Seafood Gumbo Bowl 470 CALORIES

No comments: