Friday, February 20, 2015

JIMMY JOHN'S

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches  
I travel a lot for my job.  It is common for me to be away from home Monday thru Friday.   I am always on the lookout for places to eat that will offer some nutritious and tasty food that will not bust my calorie budget.  On Wednesday evening, my friend, Jack told me about another good option, Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwich shops.   This is another chain that is all over the United States.   All of their sandwiches can be ordered as an UNWICH (which is their name for a sandwich wrapped in lettuce - no bread)   Once I learned about this option I was eager to try one.   Yesterday for lunch, between two appointments, I found a Jimmy Johns and ordered my first UNWICH.   It was delicious. I have now learned that if I had ordered it with 'light' mayonnaise I could have saved even more calories.   Even so, the TURKEY TOM UNWICH that I did order had only had 230 CALORIES.   It is great to know that there is another nutritious and tasty lunch/dinner option available to me.   Thank you, Jack.

I often write my blog posts either a couple of days before or the night before.  I tweak them right before I 'publish' them to the internet in the early morning.   I am publishing this post early on Friday morning.   In about 3 hours I have my first follow-up appointment with my Doctor.   The last time I visited my doctor, on December 24, for my 'wellness' checkup I was not well.  I had not exercised in a number of years and my weight was 309 lbs.  I did not look well, I did not feel well and I was not well.    Fast forward,  58 days later and I have shed at least 50 lbs.   I exercise every day.  My stamina continues to increase.   I look in the mirror and I see someone who looks well and feels well.  My BMI still indicates that I am obese.  That may be true.  In fact, it is true.  Nevertheless, I am 'weller' than I was 58 days ago! (I am aware that 'weller' is not an actual word.)

I have a few questions for my doctor this morning:
How long can I continue to consume 1000 calories per day, without causing any harm to myself?
If I cannot medically limit myself to 1000 calories, what should be my calorie per day goal?
I have a question regarding the vitamin D supplement I am taking.  Is 1000 IU enough?
I would like his opinion on what my ultimate target weight should be.
I know that it is important to hydrate oneself with water.  I drink zero calorie sparkling flavored water during the day.  Is this an acceptable substitute for water?  (It is my biggest remaining dietary vice)
I would like to know how necessary it is to have my blood work done again to check my glycogen.
Whatever my blood pressure is today, will it continue to dramatically improve as I shed weight?

My next post will be Saturday morning.   That is the day that I weigh myself.   I will also be reporting on my visit with the doctor.   See you tomorrow!

THURSDAY MENU
breakfast      three poached eggs, two strips of turkey 'bacon'                                  280 CALORIES
lunch            Jimmy Johns Turkey Tom Unwich                                                      230 CALORIES
dinner           10 oz Lamb Stew, Spring Mix Salad, Ginger dressing, Ginger soup  470 CALORIES

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 980 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
6AM   elliptical 31 minutes     415 calories
7PM    elliptical 31 minutes     430 calories

total calories burned 845 calories

NET CALORIC INTAKE      135 CALORIES



Jimmy Johns 'Turkey Tom' Unwich    230 CALORIES (As you eat this, you peel away the wrapper)

DINNER: 10 oz. Irish Lamb Stew, 50/50 Spring Mix & Spinach Salad w/ one Tbsp Ginger dressing, Cup of Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Bisque Soup   470 CALORIES

No comments: