Sunday, February 8, 2015

LESS IS MORE

I have had one day to celebrate and contemplate the fact that I currently 'only' weigh 268 lbs.  For many human beings living on this planet, this would be an insanely high number.   Considering that I arrived at 268 lbs from 309 lbs only 46 days ago, it seems like a good number.

This past week, I continued my daily sub-1000 calorie consumption as I have been doing since December 24, 2014.  Since I began this journey I have not had one snack.   I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.  That's it. When I sit down to breakfast each and every day, I am truly breaking my fast from the night before.  This was the first week that I almost exclusively worked out on the ELLIPTICAL TRAINER. (I 'walked' on the treadmill only on Saturday morning.)

I worked out for a total of 7.5 hours (one 60 minute walk and thirteen 30 minute sessions on the elliptical machine) which burned 5397 CALORIES.

My weight loss for the week was 4.7 lbs

The previous week I was just a little bit 'psychotic'.   I 'walked' 80 miles on the treadmill.   I spent 20 hours, 'walking' at 4 mph for 60 minutes each session. (twenty sessions total)  I calculated that I should have burned 12,000 CALORIES.

My weight loss for the week that I 'walked' 80 miles, burning 12000 CALORIES was 'only' 3.7 lbs.

CONCLUSION: REGARDING EXERCISE....
                            ...S O M E T I M E S...
                            L E S S  I S  M O R E
I decreased the hours spent working out, and experienced better results.   Conclusion: LESS IS MORE!


SATURDAY MENU

breakfast    three poached eggs, two strips turkey 'bacon'                                     280 CALORIES
lunch          4 oz salmon filet, spinach, vinaigrette dressing, pumpkin soup          364 CALORIES
dinner        Mahi Mahi burger, spinach pancake, iceberg lettuce, pumpkin soup  282 CALORIES  

total consumption        926 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
6AM  ELLIPTICAL 30 minutes  400 CALORIES
1PM   ELLIPTICAL 30 minutes  400 CALORIES

total burned  800 CALORIES

NET CALORIC INTAKE        126 CALORIES





Mahi Mahi burger, spinach pancake, lettuce wedge w/vinaigrette, Pumpkin Soup        282 CALORIES



No comments: