Saturday, February 28, 2015

SLIPPING AWEIGH

Slipping Away is a beautiful song that closes out The Rolling Stones 1989 release, Steel Wheels. The song is sung by Keith Richards in a style that is perfect for the tune. It is true that I have had great fun these past few weeks watching my weight slipping away each and every week.
Keith Richards (Rolling Stones) singing 'Slipping Away' during '14 on Fire' Tour 2014.  Keith Richards has been 'slipping away' away for a few decades - still a great performer and I can be counted as one of his millions of fans.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Saturday February 28 means that I have completed 66 days on my new program, which I have named the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet.'  Since I began this journey on December 24, 2014 my weight has been steadily slipping away.  Today begins Day 67. Saturday is the day to weigh myself so I can gauge my progress.  It is my favorite day of the week.


252.1 lbs


I weigh 252.1 lbs.
I lost 2.4 lbs this week.
I lost 56.9 lbs in 66 days. Today begins Day 67.
I have lost nearly 7 inches on my waist. 
(I can just about squeeze into a size 42" waist slacks, although they are tight - 66 days ago I was wearing size 50" waist slacks - and they were starting to get tight!) 
I am still at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 252.1 lbs. (66 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 18.4% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost nearly 1% of my weight since last Saturday!
I have had an another successful week losing 2.4 lbs.
I have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 33.72 (still Class I obesity)
I had a 42.0 BMI on December 24, 59 days ago (Class III obesity)
I will 'graduate' from Class I obesity into simply 'overweight' in a few weeks (224 lbs)
I have three words to describe how I feel right now - I feel good.
...I know how to begin this week... 
ELLIPTICAL MACHINE


FRIDAY MENU
breakfast  one cup OATMEAL w/one prune,  2 poached eggs, 2 strips turkey 'bacon' 355 calories
lunch        Bobak's sausage w/mustard, 3 cups Spring Mix salad, Chicken Broth        260 calories
dinner      Chicken Tortilla Soup, Spring Mix Salad, Salmon Burger                           280 calories

total calories consumed  895 calories

CALORIES BURNED
9AM   ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 62 minutes         805 calories
6PM    ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 32 minutes         440 calories

total calories burned  1245 CALORIES

NET CALORIES       NEGATIVE -350 CALORIES


Friday morning exercise: home elliptical machine, 62 minutes, 805 CALORIES
Lunch: 3 cups Spring Mix Salad, sausage w/horseradish mustard, chicken broth    260 CALORIES

2 comments:

OldTownGal said...

I look forward to seeing your accomplishments, Marc.
U inspire me daily.
I am on my own personal weight loss journey, having success as well.
Thank you SO much for continuing to share.
Hugsssssss - Dianna

Marc Jacobs said...

Hello Dianna,
I have two hobbies right now. Losing weight and blogging about it. The fact that you are gaining some inspirational benefit from my daily musings is an extra bonus that brings me extra satisfaction. I want to congratulate you on your success as well. As my brother has told me many times, losing weight is simple - not necessarily easy. Since you are having success, I encourage you to keep doing what you are doing. Marc