Saturday, February 21, 2015

WALK THIS WEIGH

Hello everyone.  If you were interested in hearing about my follow-up appointment with my doctor that took place yesterday, Friday morning, I simply could not wait to blog about it.   Yesterday, I had two separate blog posts.   I talked all about my visit with my doctor on the post titled: "There's always another meal six hours away."  It is the blog post directly preceding this one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

One of the biggest hits from the legendary rock band, Aerosmith, was Walk this Way, released in 1975.   Since December 24, 2014,  I have chosen a new path, and I encourage others to walk this way with me.   The rules are very simple.  The philosophy of the Rabbi Hillel Diet can be explained in a few short words: "What is unhealthy for you, do not eat.  That is the whole plan. The rest is commentary - go and have lunch!"  Those that internalize these thoughts will walk this way with me.   For the past seven years, and for most of my life I had been walking another way.  This path that I am on now, is the right way.  I now know that with every dietary fiber of my being!


Saturday February 21 means that I have completed 59 days on my new program, which I have named the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet.'  Since I began this journey on December 24, 2014 I have been walking a different way.  Today begins Day 60. Saturday is the day to weigh myself so I can gauge my progress.  It is my favorite day of the week.



254.5 lbs

I weigh 254.5 lbs.
I lost 8.1 lbs this week.
I lost 54.5 lbs in 59 days. Today begins Day 60.
I have lost 6+ inches on my waist.  
I am still at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 254.5 lbs. (59 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 17.6% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost 2.6% of my weight since last Saturday!
I have had an extremely successful week losing 8.1 lbs.
I have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 34.04 (still Class I obesity)
I had a 42.0 BMI on December 24, 59 days ago (Class III obesity)
I will 'graduate' from Class I obesity into simply 'overweight' in a few weeks (224 lbs)
I have two words to describe how I feel right now - super euphoric
...I know how to begin this week... 
ELLIPTICAL MACHINE


FRIDAY MENU
breakfast   (NONE) I needed to fast in order for my blood to be tested yesterday
lunch         MY FIT FOODS ASIAN FLAT IRON, carrot ginger soup                     355 calories
dinner        7 oz. SALMON, spring mix salad, ginger dressing, pumpkin soup        480 calories

total calories consumed  835 calories

CALORIES BURNED
6AM   ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 32 minutes         435 calories
6PM    ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 60 minutes         805 calories

total calories burned  1240 CALORIES

NET CALORIES       NEGATIVE 405 CALORIES


my fit FOODS: ASIAN FLAT IRON (prepared meal) w/Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Bisque Soup  
355 CALORIES
dinner: 7 oz. salmon fillet, 50/50 Spring Mix Salad w/Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing, Pumpkin Soup
480 CALORIES

2 comments:

shoom said...

I think there really must be something different between a shot and a lechayim!

Marc Jacobs said...

There is a difference. A. Shot is simply one ounce of alcohol designed to get the drinker inebriated. A L'chaim (or lechayim) is a holy experience designed to open one's mind. (At least that's the theory.)