Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MAXWELL SMART SAYS - MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH

When I weighed myself this past Saturday, I thought that there was an outside chance that I might slip into a new obesity category.  CLASS I OBESITY.  I was still 1.6 lbs away.


Today is Tuesday morning, by the end of the day, which will be four days after my last weigh in - I can reasonably assume that I will have lost the 1.6 lbs to be officially in the class I obesity.   I am aware that most people aren't screaming from the rooftops about such a dubious achievement.   Considering where I started from, you might forgive me for being happy about this.

Obesity classes are determined by BMI (Body Mass Index)

On December 24, 2014 I weighed 309 lbs and my BMI was 41.3  (Obese Class III)
On January 17, 2015 I weighted 284.7 lbs and my BMI was 38.08 (Obese Class II)

I will assume that by days end today, Tuesday,  I will be right around 261 lbs or slightly less and my BMI would then 34.9 which would squeeze me into the Obese Class I category.   

The next stop on this chart would be to be considered 'only' overweight.   In order to be only overweight, I will need get my BMI down to 29.9.  This will translate to a weight of 224 lbs.
So, I will have a quite a few weeks to go before I get there.
BMIClassification
        < 18.5    underweight
   18.5–24.9    normal weight
   25.0–29.9    overweight
   30.0–34.9    class I obesity
   35.0–39.9    class II obesity
         ≥ 40.0      class III obesity  
MONDAY MENU


MONDAY MENU

breakfast   three poached eggs, two strips turkey 'bacon'      280 CALORIES
lunch         Panera Bread Turkey Chili Bowl                         280 CALORIES
dinner       5 oz Mahi Mahi, Mixed Veggies, Potato Pancake
                 Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Bisque Soup       435 CALORIES

total consumption    995 CALORIES

calories burned
6AM    Elliptical Machine  31 minutes           410 calories
5PM     Elliptical Machine  30 minutes           400 calories

total calories burned    810 calories

net caloric consumption    185 CALORIES

dinner: 5 oz Mahi Mahi, 2/3 cup mixed vegetables, potato pancake, Carrot Ginger Bisque Soup  435 CALORIES

No comments: