Sunday, February 22, 2015

my fit FOODS

My latest 'discovery' is 'my fit FOODS'  
This is a wonderful place to pick up a prepared lunch or dinner,  ready to eat.


This establishment opened in my neighborhood nearly two years ago. Up until now I had no particular reason to visit.  Things are different now.  On Friday, my wife and I went into this store for the first time and discovered an establishment that stocks 60 different nutritious meals each with detailed nutritional information printed right on the packages.  Virtually every meal looked delicious.   All the meals are packed ready to go.   The place also has an ample amount of tables for those who want to eat right there. We have tried two meals so far, and each was both low calorie and vey tasty.  The person who assisted us at the store said that all of the meals on display are made in the kitchen right on the premises. This chain has locations in Texas, Arizona, Oklahoma, California and my home state of Illinois.  

Yesterday for lunch, my wife and I split the 'Lean Lemon Turkey.' It was much spicier that I had expected - but very tasty.  On Friday, right after my appointment with the doctor we split the 'Asian Flat Iron.'   The Asian Flat Iron tasted like a gourmet meal that one could have been served at any fine restaurant.
Lean Lemon Turkey All natural lean ground turkey seasoned with garlic, onions and citrus, served with parboiled rice and asparagus. ($8.50)
Asian Flat Iron Asian spiced flat-iron steak with broccoli strings, carrots and broccolini. ($9.50)

Now that I have discovered 'my fit FOODS' it occurs to me that their must be similar businesses throughout the country that I need to discover.   The more that I learn about the healthy food options available to me, the easier and easier it becomes to eat healthy when traveling. 


SATURDAY MENU

breakfast  cup oat meaL, prune, 2 poached eggs, two strips turkey 'bacon'           355 CALORIES
lunch         1/2 container myfitFOODS LEAN LEMON TURKEY, chicken broth 270 CALORIES
dinner        3.5 oz. salmon, spinach, ginger dressing, chicken soup, asparagus      365 CALORIES                                                                               

total calories consumed 990 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED

6M   elliptical machine  30 minutes 425 calories
3PM elliptical machine  30 minutes 430 calories

total calories burned 855 CALORIES

NET CALORIC CONSUMPTION    135 CALORIES

LUNCH: Honestly, I don't think my photograph properly captured this very tasty lunch
(half container of 'my fit FOODS' Lean Lemon Turkey) and CHICKEN BROTH
270 CALORIES
BREAKFAST: Following my doctor's advice: adding oat meal & a prune to my diet 
(It won't be hard, the steel cut oat meal was something I'd never had before, I liked it)
355 CALORIES






No comments: