Saturday, February 14, 2015

OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWEIGH

Today is Saturday February 14.   So, let me wish a Happy Valentine's Day to my wife, Jennifer.  I would also like to wish a Happy Valentine's Day to my daughter, Sara.   And a special Happy Valentine's Day to the one woman I have known for my entire life - My Mom!  I love you all.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Saturday February 14 means that I have completed 52 days on my new program, which I have named the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet.'  Since I began this journey on December 24, 2014 I have crossed a few hills and I am far 'aweigh' (away) from where I started.  Today begins Day 53.  Saturday is the day to weigh myself.  It is my favorite day of the week.

I am far 'aweigh' (away) from where I was 52 days ago

262.6 lbs

I weigh 262.6 lbs.
I lost 5.4 lbs this week.
I lost 46.4 lbs in 52 days. Today begins Day 53.
I have lost 6 inches on my waist.  
I am still at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 262.6 lbs. (52 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 15.0% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost 2.0% of my weight since last Saturday!
I have had an extremely successful week losing lost 5.4 lbs.
I have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 35.13 (still Class II obesity)
I had a 42.0 BMI on December 24, 45 days ago (Class III obesity)
I will 'graduate' from Class II obesity into Class I obesity by the middle of this week. (261 lbs)
I have one word to describe how I feel right now - euphoric
...I know how to begin this week... 
ELLIPTICAL MACHINE


FRIDAY MENU
breakfast   three poached eggs, two slice turkey 'bacon'                                     280 calories
lunch         Maryland style crab cake, creamy tomato soup, spinach, balsamic  332 calories
dinner        8 oz ALASKA COD FILLET, tomato soup, spinach, balsamic        302 calories

total calories consumed   917 calories

CALORIES BURNED
6AM   ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 32 minutes         430 calories
3PM    ELLIPTICAL MACHINE 60 minutes         775 calories

(I was pleased to be able to workout for a full hour on my elliptical machine - every time I step onto the machine I set the controls for a one hour workout.   Yesterday, I was able to actually complete it.)  Still, it is my current goal to continue 30 minute workouts, which I am currently doing twice per day.

total calories burned    1205 calories

CALORIC DEFICIT  388 CALORIES


LUNCH: MARYLAND STYLE CRAB CAKE, SPINACH SALAD, TOMATO SOUP   332 CALORIES

DINNER: 8 oz ALASKAN COD FILLET, SPINACH w/BALSAMIC, TOMATO SOUP    302 CALORIES

This Friday, February 20, I have my follow-up appointment with my doctor.   On my initial 'wellness' exam on December 24, 2014 I weighed 309 lbs.   By the time that I return to him, about 60 days after that appointment, I apparently will have lost nearly 50 lbs.  OK, I admit it, I am looking forward to this visit.





No comments: