Monday, February 9, 2015

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Late Saturday evening I drove from Chicago to Bloomington, Illinois for a two-day mini wholesale fabric show.   I am staying at a LaQuinta Hotel because it has a fitness room.   I don't think that my morning workout on the elliptical machine was as strenuous as the workouts that I have had at home, as I am dealing with a different machine and different settings - nevertheless, the machine reported that my half hour workout burned 300 calories yesterday morning at 6:00AM.   I will be using this machine for the next two days, so I started with my evening workout to increase some settings to make it more challenging.

The hotel offered a 'free breakfast.'  However there was absolutely nothing that was suitable for me.   I did 'harvest' a couple of apples, just in case, I needed them for an 'emergency' meal.   I had planned on trying a breakfast item at Subway which was directly across the street.   Apparently Subway is not open at 7:00AM on a Sunday.  So, I started driving.  I found a Bob Evans restaurant.  After I sat down, I visited the nutritional website for Bob Evans and found a Western Omelette.  And that is precisely what I ordered for breakfast.  It was a sizable portion and was only 278 CALORIES.  Of course, I avoided home fries, and toast and jam - the kinds of things that could easily have doubled the calorie count of this breakfast.

Bob Evans - 10.4 oz Western Omelette w/Egg Lites  278 CALORIES

Within a 5 minute drive of the location of my mini wholesale fabric show is a Jason's Deli.  I had lunch and dinner at Jason's Deli yesterday, and I am sure to have lunch and dinner there again today.  Jason's is my favorite restaurant!


The Jason's Deli in Bloomington, Illinois had a drive-thru window.  I was able to scoot away from my show for just 15 minutes to get my lunch to-go.

Jason's Deli - Spicy Seafood Gumbo (to-go) 230 CALORIES

After my show and before I returned to my hotel, I stopped at Jason's Deli again for dinner.  (The only thing that kept me away Jason's for breakfast was that the restaurant didn't open until 10AM.  For Dinner, I tried something new: ASIAGO POT ROAST SANDWICH (half) with Fire Roasted Tortilla Soup. The meal was absolutely delicious.

Jason's Deli - Fire Roasted Tortilla Soup & Asiago Pot Roast Sandwich (half)     460 CALORIES

SUNDAY MENU
breakfast  BOB EVANS western omelette w/egg lites                            268 CALORIES
lunch        JASON'S DELI spicy seafood gumbo                                    230 CALORIES
dinner       JASON'S DELI Asiago Pot Roast, Tortilla Soup                   460 CALORIES

total calories consumed 958

CALORIES BURNED
6AM   LaQuinta Elliptical Machine 30 minutes               300 CALORIES
7PM    LaQuinta Elliptical Machine 30 minutes               500 CALORIES (I increased settings)

(The elliptical machine at the LaQuinta Hotel has a feature that my home elliptical does not have. This machine counts the number of steps taken during a workout. This machine indicated that in my 30 minute evening workout, I had taken 2030 step.  I have nothing to compare this to, but it seems like a lot!)

total calories burned      800 CALORIES

NET CALORIC INTAKE  158 CALORIES

No comments: