Saturday, February 7, 2015

AND AWEIGH WE GO!

This morning I am showing my age, using a catchphrase from Jackie Gleason.  Jackie Gleason, best known for THE HONEYMOONERS, had a catchphrase in later years.... "And Aw a a y We Go!"   The phrase spoken during The Jackie Gleason Show which was off the air by 1970. (I was 13 years old in 1970.)  Nevertheless, I consider myself a fan of Gleason, and the title of my blog entry today takes its inspiration from The Great One,  Jackie Gleason.  (Sorry, Sean Hannity & Mark Levin - Jackie Gleason was the original Great One!)

"And Awa a a y We Go" Such a popular catchphrase, Gleason recorded a song with that tittle 

268 lbs

I weigh 268.0 lbs.
I lost 4.7 lbs this week.
I lost 41.0 lbs in 45 days. Today begins Day 46.
I have lost 5 inches on my waist.  
I am still at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 268.0 lbs. (45 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 13.26% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have lost 1.7% of my weight since last Saturday!
I have had an extremely successful week losing lost 4.7 lbs.
I have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 35.85 (still Class II obesity)
I had a 42.0 BMI on December 24, 45 days ago (Class III obesity)
I should 'graduate' from Class II into Class I within 2 weeks.
I have one word to describe how I feel right now - ecstatic
...I know how to begin this week... 
ELLIPTICAL MACHINE



ELLIPTICAL TRAINER
Last Saturday I started using the elliptical trainer. Each day I set the machine to my weight, set the timer to 30 minutes and entered the maximum resistance of '10.'
I used the elliptical twice per day Saturday thru Friday.
The very first time that I used this machine I 'burned' 320 calories.
The second session on Friday, I managed to 'burn' 395 calories.
As I have improved, I continue to be quite winded when I am done.
There is plenty of room for further improvement.


FRIDAY MENU

breakfast   three poached eggs, two strips turkey 'bacon'                                280 CALORIES
lunch         Mahi Mahi burger, spinach, vinaigrette, cup chicken broth          182 CALORIES
dinner        8 oz Jumbo Scallops, spinach, vinaigrette, zucchini pancake
                  Organic Chicken Broth                                                                  365 CALORIES

total caloric consumption   827 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
6AM  elliptical 30 minutes  380 calories
5PM   elliptical 30 minutes  395 calories

total calories burned 775 CALORIES

NET CALORIES 52 CALORIES


JUMBO SCALLOPS, spinach, w/vinaigrette dressing, zucchini pancake, chicken broth   365 CALORIES

I do not live in Maryland, nevertheless, I am on 'Highway 268' heading south!












No comments: