Wednesday, February 4, 2015

ELLIPTICAL IMPROVEMENT IS SWIFT

I started using the elliptical trainer on Saturday.   On Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesay I used the elliptical twice per day.  Each time I limited myself to 30 minutes.  (That's almost funny - I promise when I got off the machine each time - I didn't have a minute more in me!)

Each time I get on, I plug the same information into the machine: weight 273 (my last official weight) and I set the machine to 'calorie burn.'    I start pedaling with no particular goal in mind relative to speed, I am just pedaling along at a rate that seems natural and comfortable.   Still without trying to improve, the improvement has come naturally.


SESSION                CALORIES BURNED
SATURDAY AM              322
SATURDAY PM               330
SUNDAY AM                   340
SUNDAY PM                    360
MONDAY AM                  350
MONDAY PM                   360
TUESDAY AM                 370
TUESDAY PM                  380

I am in awe of how fast one can improve in such a short period of time.   As I have improved, I remain just as winded (or more winded) than when I first began using the machine.   I am definitely 'getting more bang from my buck' from the 60 minutes that I am devoting to exercise each day.

TUESDAY MENU
breakfast   three poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'                                    280 CALORIES
lunch         Jason's Deli Bowl Spicy Seafood Gumbo                                          301 CALORIES
dinner        Mahi Mahi burger, iceberg lettuce w/balsamic, Spinach Pancake
                  Sweet Potato Bisque Soup                                                                  312 CALORIES


TOTAL CALORIES       893 CALORIES

calories burned
6AM elliptical  30 minutes   370 CALORIES
7AM elliptical  30 minutes   380 CALORIES

total calories burned  750 calories

NET CALORIC INTAKE   143 CALORIES


photograph by Sara Jacobs, age 12
Mahi Mahi Burger, Spinach Pancake, Iceberg Lettuce wedge, Sweet Potato Bisque Soup  312 CALORIES 







No comments: