Saturday, January 10, 2015

HIGHWAY 290 HEADING SOUTH

It took some discipline to wait until this morning to step onto my scale after my 6 days 'on the road.' This morning my digital scale indicated  290.2 lbs  (and that was with my glasses on!) 
I am (metaphorically) traveling on Highway 290 and heading south!

I have lost 4.3 lbs since last Sunday (six days ago)
I have lost 19 lbs since Dec 24, 2014 (seventeen days ago)

Since I am not a complete moron, I am aware that this rate of loss,  approximately one pound per day will not continue.  There is no question that I am off to a great start.  That is, a great start to the race that never ends.

A man whose weight is 290 lbs is not usually considered thin.  In fact, the adjectives usually used are obese, morbidly obese, fat, etc.  This is of no concern to me at this time.  I look in the mirror and only see thin.   I see the future.

Last night, right after I arrived home I quickly changed into my 'walking shorts' and hopped onto my home treadmill and completed 45 minutes, @4 mph which translates to three miles.

My next trip takes me to the Kansas City area.  I leave Sunday.  I have already reserved hotels with Fitness Rooms and discovered Jason's Deli will be an option in this part of the country.   I am visiting very good customers.   I am anticipating a healthy and profitable trip.

I believe that my three poached eggs this morning will taste even better than usual.


No comments: