Monday, January 5, 2015

TAKING THE SUBWAY

In an earlier blog entry titled, 'Confessions' I might have appeared to denigrate 'Subway.' This was unintentional as I meant only to denigrate the choices I made at that restaurant.   There are more than 43,000 Subway locations around the world - this can be a good option on the road if smart choices are made.  For lunch today,  I 'got back on track.' I have been frequenting Subway restaurants for many years and prior to today the number of salads I purchased was exactly zero.   I made my selection for lunch today long before I entered the restaurant by visiting the nutritional information page on the Subway website.   Today I ordered an oven-roasted chicken salad with the 2oz. packet of fat free Italian dressing.    This may not be fine dining, the salad is served in a plastic container, but it sure tasted fine.   True hunger makes food taste better.

OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN SALAD                   140 CALORIES
1.5OZ. KEN'S  FAT FREE ITALIAN DRESSING    15 CALORIES
                                                   TOTAL LUNCH   155 CALORIES

Subway oven-roasted chicken salad w/dressing 155 CALORIES

No comments: