Sunday, January 25, 2015

SHRINKING STOMACH

After completing more than 30 days in a row consuming under 1000 calories - I naturally assumed that my stomach was shrinking.   I consulted webMD.com to learn how much, and by what percentage this was happening.  I was wrong.  This is what I found on the webMD website:
Myth or Fact: If you cut down on your food intake, you'll eventually shrink your stomach so you won't be as hungry.
Answer: Myth. Once you are an adult, your stomach pretty much remains the same size -- unless you have surgery to intentionally make it smaller. Eating less won't shrink your stomach...but it can help to reset your 'appetite thermostat' so you won't feel as hungry, and it may be easier to stick with your eating plan.
This really is a myth.   I was certain that a shrinking stomach would have been the result of me shoveling so much less food and food-like products down my throat.   Even though, the stomach does not physically decrease in size, there is a physical component to the change in appetite.   Perhaps, it is simply that my 'appetite thermostat' is being reset.   I know that I have left the dinner table after eating minuscule portions compared what I was consuming 5 weeks ago.


SATURDAY MENU
BREAKFAST   three poached eggs, two slices turkey 'bacon'             280 CALORIES
LUNCH            Lentil soup, salmon burger                                          260 CALORIES
DINNER          4oz Beef Burger, chicken soup, 1/2 spinach pancake  440 CALORIES

TOTAL CALORIC CONSUMPTION          980 CALORIES

BURNED 600 CALORIES 4mile walk @ 4mph for 60 minutes 6AM
BURNED 600 CALORIES 4mile walk @ 4mph for 60 minutes 3PM

NET CALORIC DEFICIT   220 CALORIES
Dinner included an Omaha Steaks 4 oz. Beef Burger, 1/2 spinach patty, 1 cup  chicken rice soup    440 CALORIES


No comments: