Saturday, January 3, 2015

THIS SURPRISED ME

Everything was going smoothly today in Day 10 of my new lifestyle.   Breakfast started with three poached eggs flavored with one tablespoon of bacon bits (245 calories).   Lunch took me back to Panera Bread for the turkey chili (280 calories).   Before dinner my family went shopping at Costco with my new menu requirements in mind.    We purchased big packages of Vegetables, Broccoli, and a box of 'salmon burgers.'   Each salmon burger is only 110 calories!   As my wife, Jennifer, cooked dinner, the aroma from the heated salmon burgers was amazing.    They looked tasty too!   I had asked for 1 cup of vegetables, 1 cup of broccoli and 2 salmon burgers.   This should have been a whopping 400 calorie meal.   It seemed odd to me that this looked like a lot of food.  As I started my meal, something happened that I cannot remember ever happening before in the past many years.... I chose not to have both salmon burgers.   I was completely satisfied with just one.   My delicious dinner became a 290 calorie meal.  My total intake today was only 816 calories.   I think the reason that I wasn't hungry enough to eat my complete dinner was that I am eating actual real food now.  The engine that is my body is getting high performance, high-octane fuel.  In the past, I was perpetually hungry.   I am trying to train myself to be hungry when it is a true physiological feeling.   In the past, I think I confused hunger with sugar craving.   They are not the same.  Something in me is really changing.

This would've been 400 calories if I had eaten it all

No comments: