Friday, January 23, 2015

ROLLING STONES (POUNDS & KILOGRAMS)

I am a reader of various international articles and blogs on diet and weight loss.  I know that my readers come from all over the world.   Some of my readers probably don't understand exactly how much a pound is, and conversely, until this morning, I had no idea what a 'stone' was.   So today, I provide a public service:

1 STONE = 14 POUNDS
1 KILOGRAM = 2.2 POUNDS

I weighed 309 lbs on December 24, 2014      
Last Saturday, January 18, 2015 I weighed 284.7 lbs

Therefore, on December 24, I weighed approximately 22 Stone, 140.5 Kilograms
Last Saturday, January 18, I weighed approximately 20.3 Stone, 129.4 Kilograms.

As of last Saturday I had lost nearly 2 STONE, or 11 Kilograms.

I plan on ROLLING away quite a few more STONES in the coming weeks.

Now if you want to weigh less, without dieting.
The solution is simple.
Weigh yourself on the Moon.  Due to the lower gravity there, you would weigh less.
Approximately 1/6th less.
Unfortunately, your mass would be the same, so you might weigh less, but if are wearing a 48" waist pair of Levi' or wearing a size 20 Chanel dress, you would be wearing the same clothing on the Moon.   So the best plan to lose weight remains diet and exercise no matter whether you are measuring your success in pounds, kilograms or stone.


Moon Weight measured in 'Newtons' (N) is 1/6th the weight on Earth.  Unfortunately the mass is the same.  



THURSDAY MENU

BREAKFAST   three poached eggs, 2 slices turkey 'bacon'                   280 CALORIES
LUNCH             5oz. Mahi Mahi, 1 cup Sweet Potato Bisque Soup       290 CALORIES
DINNER            1 cup Sweet Potato Bisque Soup, Polish Sausage         
                            two tablespoons Trader Joe's Sauerkraut                    365 CALORIES

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE      935 CALORIES

EXERCISE

5:00AM  60 minutes @ 4mph - 4 miles         600 CALORIES
6:00PM   60 minutes @ 4mph - 4 miles         600 CALORIES

THURSDAY CALORIC DEFICIT 265 CALORIES


My January 3rd post, 'RALPH LAUREN SAYS THAT I AM BIG' spoke of my excitement to fit back into a pair of 48" waist Ralph Lauren pants.   Yesterday, January 22, was the day that those pants have been retired and put in a pile to be donated.   My waist size in now 46"    I purchased an inexpensive pair of black pants yesterday, size 46" waist and they fit perfectly.  I have lost 4" from my waist in 30 days.   Thursday January 22 was DAY 30 of my new program, which I have dubbed the 'Rabbi Hillel Diet.'

It is Friday morning as I post this.
I don't know precisely what time I am going to wake up on Saturday to step onto my scale - but I am guessing it is going to be early.    See you tomorrow!


I have consistently been having the same breakfast every day that I am home.  Three poached eggs and two slices of turkey 'bacon'   (Note: no pigs were harmed in the production of this 'bacon' - but some turkeys were)  280 CALORIES




No comments: