Wednesday, December 31, 2014

FIRST MEAL 'ON THE ROAD'

Today, December 30th, I am away from home on a two day, one night trip.  My wife who has been incredibly supportive made an omelette before I headed out the door at 7:00AM.   For lunch, I ate the two navel oranges that I had cut up before I left.   (Refrigeration was not a problem, the temperature in Wisconsin was 15°F (-9.4°C).

My dinner was planned 24 hours in advance.   I selected the specific dinner that I wanted to order at an Applebee's Restaurant' near my hotel.   Once I got to the restaurant, I knew exactly what I wanted.   GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD (NO DRESSING).   At my wife's suggestion I added two lemon wedges to give the salad some extra flavor.   It is amazing how a food that I had no interest in whatsoever a mere six days ago could taste so delicious.  Wait, I retract that statement.   What is amazing is the laziness and stupidity with regards to eating that I have maintained for many years.   I am re-learning all the things I learned 7 years ago when my weight fell from 300lbs to 220lbs.   Nothing I can do about the past.  According to the Applebee's nutritional information posted on their website, my dinner was a scant 370 calories.   (In fact, it was a bit less as I asked that the croutons NOT be included in my dinner.)   Eating well on the road, requires some thought and planning - it sure is worth it!    TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE TODAY=955.   In the 'old days' (you know, December 23, 2014) I could have easily knocked down 955 calories BEFORE lunch!   My first official home weigh-in will be January 1.   I am looking forward to announcing my initial results in two more days.  My belt has already told me that I am making progress.
APPLEBEE'S GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD w/o DRESSING 370 CALORIES

No comments: