Tuesday, October 6, 2015

ECKHART PARK

My daughter trains a few times per week at a local pool near our home at Eckhart Park.   In order to drive there, the trip is 2.5 miles and should take 13 minutes by car in city traffic.   I decided to meet my family at the park at the conclusion of my daughter's practice today.  I left more than two hours early.  I didn't exactly take the shortest route, as I was determined to walk 10 miles.

This map above shows the most direct route to get from Point A to Point B.  That was not the route that I took!



My route also did get me from Point A to Point B.  My route was exactly 10 miles.  My route took me 2 hours and 3 minutes walking.  My route burned 2121 calories.  Once I arrived at the park, I made use of their elliptical machine for a very mellow, relaxed 30 minutes session, at the highest resistance level of 20 but only for one half hour.  The machine reported that this thirty minute workout burned an additional 503 calories.   Ever since my Half Dome climb, I have been a calorie burning machine!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Monday MENU

breakfast   cheese omelette, center cut bacon, 3 small apples                   707 calories
lunch         spinach salad, multigrain rice cakes, homemade chili             663 calories
dinner       manhattan clam chowder chunky, pickled herring                   974 calories
SNACK    8 L'CHAIMS                                                                            560 calories
        
total calories consumed 2904 calories                                                              
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

CALORIES BURNED

2 hour, 3 minute walk 10 MILES                                                                  2120  CALORIES
Eckhart Park Elliptical Machine 30 minutes, level 20, relaxing pace             503  CALORIES

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED 2623 CALORIES

Monday net calories 281 calories


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
fitbit day 33
27363 steps
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Part of my 10 mile walk yesterday took place at Washington Square Park.  I have found a new way to create 'art' with my MapMyWalk Application.

No comments: