Thursday, October 15, 2015

ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION

I received my weekly fitbit report card on Wednesday as always.  I wish I had known how close I was to exceeding ONE QUARTER of a MILLION STEPS for the week...  


Nevertheless, my personal 'bar' is set high... it might be awhile before I can exceed this number.  I know myself too well.  Surely, at some point, perhaps at some point in the not-too-distant future...I will try. Still...248,182 steps in one week is somewhat impressive from this former couch potato.





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 Wednesday MENU
breakfast  CANTALOUPE, toast w/button & jam, two granola bars  700 calories
lunch        MISO SOUP, Alaska Roll (sushi)                                       465 calories
dinner       SUSHI, SEAWEED SALAD, yogurt almonds                 1247 calories
SNACK    CHICKEN JERKY, three honeycrisp apples                      480 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 2892 CALORIES

WEDNESDAY'S WORKOUT - NOT APPLICABLE
Perhaps it looks silly that I write calories burned for the day was Zero.  What I mean is that I did not burn many more additional calories over and above the calories burned based on my Basal Metabolic Rate.

Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories one burns if one stayed in bed all day.


CALORIES BURNED 0 CALORIES 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Wednesday net calories 2892 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
fitbit day 42

15050 steps
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

It was approximately 11:45PM when I glanced at my fitbit and discovered that I was a little more than 1000 steps away from hitting 15000 steps for the day.  I was staying at a friends home for the past two days, so I have been breaking my pattern of daily workouts.  Still, I wanted to at least break through the 15000 barrier for the day.  I was running in place, on tip toes, trying to be quiet, and still breaking into a pretty good sweat as I made my last 1000 steps last evening in about 13 minutes or so...


This graph shows my small outburst of activity with minutes to go before midnight.   Since I was running in place, which I do not normally do.... when I was done, I had discovered new muscles.... as the calves in both my legs were immediately sore.

No comments: