Wednesday, October 14, 2015

UNRESTFUL REST AREAS

Yesterday I drove from Chicago to St Louis as I had a late afternoon appointment.  I left early enough so that I was making good time.  My appointment was not until 3PM.  I am still recovering a little bit from the excessive walking on Sunday when I walked nearly 40 miles.  On Tuesday, I made three different stops at REST AREAS along the I-55 Interstate Highway for the purpose of getting out of the car and stretching my legs.


The way that I stretch my legs these days is to walk around a little and march in place.  I had logged nearly 8000 steps before I reached St Louis.  At each rest stop I walked and/or marched in place in order to accrue nearly 2000 steps.  On a day when I would not specifically have a dedicated time devoted to a traditional workout - I still managed to burn some calories.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tuesday MENU
breakfast  Steel Cut Oatmeal, center cut bacon, two eggs, rice cakes   1150 calories
lunch        Forrelli Multigrain Rice Cakes                                               720 calories
dinner       Qdoba CHICKEN BURRITO                                               1485 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 3355 CALORIES

TUESDAY'S WORKOUT - NOT APPLICABLE
Perhaps it looks silly that I write calories burned for the day was Zero.  What I mean is that I did not burn many more additional calories over and above the calories burned based on my Basal Metabolic Rate.

Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories one burns if one stayed in bed all day.


CALORIES BURNED 0 CALORIES 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Monday net calories 3355 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
fitbit day 41

17012 steps
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
I had a burrito at Qdoba last evening. I cannot remember ever eating at Qdoba before.  I ordered a burrito.  Each burrito is made to order as the customer indicates what he/she wants included.  Not until I had a chance to log onto the Qdoba.com website did I learn just how many calories were in this delicious meal.  I had assumed that it was going to be in the neighborhood of 1000 calories - I was less than pleased to discover that the calories in my dinner was nearer to 1500 calories.  It may be awhile before I eat a Qdoba burrito again.  (and if I do, perhaps, I leave out the guacamole)



Qdoba Burrito (as I had ordered it last evening)

Nutrition Facts:

Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1485, Calories from Fat: 470, Protein: 69g, Carbs: 150g, Fiber: 35g, Sugar: 7g, Total Fat: 53g, Saturated Fat: 20.5g, Trans Fat: 0.5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 195mg, Vitamin A: 66% DV, Vitamin C: 81% DV, Calcium: 75% DV, Iron: 64% DV, Potassium: 1775mg, Sodium: 2805mg

1 comment:

shoom said...

Get the bowl. It's the burrito without the wrap. Saves a whole bunch of calories.