Saturday, October 17, 2015

STONEHENGE

STONEHENGE.  When people think of Stonehenge, I assume that most people think about an ancient group of rocks arranged in a circle in Wiltshire, England.


Still others, when they think of Stonehenge, might recall the song by Spinal Tap in the movie This is Spinal Tap and the undersized prop that appeared on stage as the band was playing the song during a concert.  Apparently, the plans for the prop were mislabeled as 18" instead of 18'.

scene from This is Spinal Tap.  The Stonehenge Prop was not quite as impressive as the band had hoped.
The first time the band, Spinal Tap, saw the undersized prop was during a show.
I suppose one must be familiar with Missouri University of Science and Technology to think of this Stonehenge replica that I 'discovered' during my 90 minute walk in Rolla, Missouri early Friday morning.
The Missouri S&T Stonehenge is a partial reconstruction of Stonehenge, the ancient megalith located on Salisbury Plain 75 miles Southwest of London. It stands for many things; a lasting monument to man's drive for knowledge and engineering, the largest monument to ever be cut with a waterjet, and a link from the past into the modern. It was dedicated on June 20, 1984 or the summer solstice, at the site of the northwest edge of campus. Approximately 160 tons of granite were used in the monument. The rock was cut to the proper dimensions by Missouri S&T's Waterjet equipment.



After three consecutive days of managing not to have a proper workout or walk, I was able to break that streak in Rolla, Missouri early Friday morning.  'Discovering' Stonehenge on the campus of Missouri S&T was the high point of my morning walk.


 NINETY MINUTE 6.56 mile walk in Rolla, Missouri 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

220.1 lbs

I weigh 220.1 lbs.
I lost 0.9 lbs this week
I have lost 88.9 lbs in 297 days. Today begins Day 298.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 220.1 lbs (297 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 28.8% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 29.44 
I had a 42.0 BMI on Dec 24 just 297 days ago (Class III obesity)


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Friday MENU
breakfast    Quaker Instant Oatmeal Apples & Cinnamon               1120 calories
lunch          Hy-Ve spinach salad w/roast beef, ham, chicken                750 calories
dinner         Granola, pineapple wedges, rice cakes                         1098 calories
SNACK     KIND BAR, yogurt almonds                                           420 calories

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 3388 CALORIES

calories burned
90 min, 6.56 mile hike Rolla, very brisk pace 1220 calories



CALORIES BURNED 3388 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Friday net calories 2168 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
fitbit day 44
20037 steps
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


No comments: