Monday, August 20, 2018

BLACKJACK 21

BLACKJACK
21
Twenty-one consecutive days of maintaining a dramatically reduced calorie consumption..
.
I cannot figure myself out.

Weeks ago, while on the road, I would typically have six packets of Apples & Cinnamon flavored oatmeal to START my breakfast and my day... 140x6=840 calories.
And if the hotel, had a chocolate donut or some other pastry - I would grab one or two of those too.
.
Lately, I have ben restricting myself to a 300 calorie breakfast.
It has always been very easy for me to revert back to this calorie consuming monster - it does take some willpower to walk away from a buffet breakfast - even a very crappy one... but lately, I have re-discovered that willpower... And all I had to do was balloon up to 283.6 pounds before I changed course.

I cannot figure myself out.

I checked into my Days Inn Hotel in Danville last around 9PM Sunday night.
I have stayed here before.
The front desk has freshly baked chocolate chip cookies for arriving guests.
Anytime, and every time a treat like this is available - I have always grabbed at least three cookies.
Last night, I glanced at them, and walked away.
I might have been OK, for me to eat one of them... Even one cookie would have only 'catapulted' my daily calorie consumption to something like 1100.
But I thought, why bother.

I cannot figure myself out.






.

No comments: