Sunday, August 12, 2018

SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES

Day 13: mindful eating, calorie count 850
First time since February, I walked 10 miles.
First time since February, I logged 25000 steps.
First time since I can't remember when...
...when I had the nerve to post a selfie
Things are happening....
...Right now... 
SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES




It's been quite a while since I had the guts to take a selfie... this is what a nearly 61 year old man at 271lbs looks like after walking 10 miles on a hot summer day in August after a six month hiatus. The ten mile urban hike was no small achievement. Two weeks ago, right about when I was finally freaking out my ballooning weight, I found it painful to walk half a block. I was seriously nervous that maybe that my urban hiking days were in my rear-view mirror. All it took was losing about ten pounds to regain the confidence to walk again. It probably didn't help that two weeks ago I did not own anything comfortable enough to get out and walk. Things are happening.  Seems like old times.

.
I didn't break any speed records on this ten mile hike... It took nearly 3 hours


.





.


.

I WEIGHED MYSELF SUNDAY MORNING.   271.0 LBS
DOWN NEARLY 13 LBS IN 13 DAYS.
I do know one thing, how to kick-start a weight loss regiment into high gear once I decide to begin.

No comments: