Sunday, September 6, 2015

THIS RECORD WILL NEVER BE BROKEN

'This record will never be broken.'
That was said of the record of Roger Maris who belted 61 homers in 1961.
That record was broken (although it required steroids to make it happen)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was long thought that Babe Ruth's record of 714 lifetime homers would never be broken.
That record was first broken by Hank Aaron (and he needed no steroids to do it!)

I tell you this because I set a record that I know that I will never break.

On April 2, my brother in New York gave me a gourmet chocolate bar.   Back in April I was just beginning to increase my caloric intake from 1000 calories per day.  Since then, I have eaten (mostly good food) with near-reckless abandon.  My daily calorie consumption has averaged closer to 3000 calories per day.  For the past few months I have been eating chocolate (mostly from the bulk section at various supermarkets).  Even small doses can quickly add up to 300, 400, 500 or more calories.  This has not been my most intelligent part of my new lifestyle.   For more than four months,  I have known that this gourmet chocolate bar was available and as a matter of principle I did not eat it.   Since I realized that I have added far worse things to my daily diet - it was time to savor this gourmet treat.  I did enjoy this 'Raw Chocolate Love' bar in the late morning yesterday.   It got me to thinking that I should cut out some of the poorer choices that I have been making and perhaps concentrate on enjoying healthier treats.  That's the plan.  Yesterday at Whole Foods I purchased some other brands of gourmet chocolate that I plan to enjoy instead of my snacks from the bulk section that can easily add up to 1000 calories.   I think it might make more sense to focus on and savor and enjoy one treat that might be 500 calories, as long as I remember to limit myself to just one of these on any given day.  I have not eaten any of the new gourmet chocolate bars that I purchased - although I am fairly confident that I will do so long before four months elapse.


For four months, a RAW CHOCOLATE LOVE bar was in my refrigerator and I did not eat it.  After four months, I decided that it was time to enjoy it.  FOUR MONTHS IN THE FRIDGE.
THAT IS A RECORD THAT WILL NEVER BE BROKEN (not by me, ever)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Saturday MENU

breakfast  turkey bacon, raw chocolate bar                                  270 calories
lunch        CHABAD HOUSE SHABBAT KIDDUSH MEAL  1500 calories
                 (cold cut sandwiches, tomato salad, kugel, bourbon)
dinner       MARIANO'S HUGE SALAD                                     750 calories

total calories consumed 2520 calories

calories burned
YMCA PRECOR elliptical machine 103 minutes              1303  calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SATURDAY NET CALORIES 1217 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

For the second time in the past three days, I was the last person to leave the YMCA.   Late Thursday night after 11:00PM, I was practically locked in - I had to bang on a door before security 'rescued' me.  I did not know that the YMCA closes early at 7PM on Saturday nights.  I was nearing the end of my workout when a security guard told me to wrap it up at 7:10PM.  At least this time I wasn't locked in the place.  However, I did not get to complete my anticipated two hour workout... My workout ended at 103 minutes.   In my youth, it was common for me to 'close' a bar at night - at least then, the bartender shouted out 'last call.'   No one shouts out 'last call' at the YMCA.


FITBIT DAY 3
My fitbit recorded that I exceeded 16000 steps.  

No comments: