Friday, September 4, 2015

FITBIT

Earlier this year I had thought that I would have been interested in the Apple Watch to sync with my workouts.  When the watch was finally revealed, I was underwhelmed by what it could do and overwhelmed by its high cost.  I declined to get involved with this product.

Yesterday, however, I did add an electronic device to my life - FITBIT.  Specifically FITBIT ONE.


I made my purchase in Wisconsin on the way home and managed to save a full 5% on sales tax.   On the way home, I stopped at a Starbucks to get it up and running and synced to my MacBook Air and iPhone.  As simple as it was, I was still confused and needed to call customer support for help.   Something amazing happened.  I was talking to a live person within 30 seconds.  That alone, makes me a very enthusiastic fan of this device.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
  
 Thursday MENU

breakfast    oatmeal, apples                                                                       1000 calories
lunch          three apples                                                                               240 calories
dinner        Subway double chicken spinach salad                                      220 calories
SNACK     beef jerky, mango, chewy ginger, two slices bacon                 530 calories

total calories consumed 1990 calories

calories burned
YMCA PRECOR elliptical machine 125 minutes, interval 1:1
resistance level 20/incline level 20 : resistance level 15/incline level 15     1715 calories

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED 1715 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Thursday net calories 275 calories


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

fitbit day 1:

My fitbit was recording 'phantom' steps and 'phantom' stair climbing while I was cruising down the highway after I set it up.   Once I noticed this, I turned it off.  I need to investigate why this was happening.

Once I arrived at the YMCA for my two hour and five minute workout on the elliptical I turned it back on and it recorded more than 13,000 steps. I bought this device fully aware that it will be addicting.  This little wonder will definitely be accompanying me to Half-Dome at Yosemite National Park - now only 27 days away!

No comments: