Tuesday, September 29, 2015

48 HOURS

If you are reading this on Tuesday morning, I am now within 48 hours of making my first steps  up to the top of Half Dome.


Nearly six months of mental and physical preparation are about to be put to the test. I have looked at pictures of the chains used to make the final ascent and I confess that the first time I saw photos of this, I was scared out of my wits. Once I get there, I will either be even more scared or perhaps less scared. If I were a betting man - I'd place my marker on being more scared. No matter what, I will press forward. Our group has now been confirmed at the number six.

Everyone is converging to San Francisco tomorrow.  One guy is coming from Hawaii and another guy is coming from New York.  All of us are connected to our hike leader, my brother, who has made this climb a number of times over 30 years. On Friday morning when we all depart back to our homes, we will have shared quite an experience.  Yesterday, I did what I have done virtually every day since the beginning of January when I started my weight loss program.  I spent time working out.  Today and tomorrow I will not have the opportunity to exercise.  It will be the first time that I have not worked out for two consecutive days this since January 1 and 2. (I started exercising on January 3)   I should be well-rested for the hike on Thursday.  I wonder how I will feel on Friday when I wake up? My travel plans have me leaving San Francisco on Friday and I will not arrive Chicago until 12:30AM Saturday morning.  This will be quite a week....!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Monday MENU

breakfast     Macintosh Apples, Steel Cut O at Meal, bacon, ginger      570 calories
lunch           Mariano's Spinach Salad, Dark Chocolate Bar, trail mix 1620 calories
dinner          Beef Stew                                                                           500 calories  
SNACK       GRANOLA                                                                        500 calories      

total calories consumed 3190 calories                                                              
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

CALORIES BURNED

YMCA PRECOR EFX ELLIPTICAL MACHINE, 4:3 INTERVAL TRAINING, LEVEL 20:17    1689 CALORIES

Monday net calories 1501 calories


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
fitbit day 26
21850 steps
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

if you are looking for me today... here is my itinerary (including my return trip back from California)

Air itinerary
Air confirmation
Passenger(s)

MARC JACOBS
Date
Flight
Departure/Arrival
Tue Sep 29
A
Depart Chicago (Midway) (MDW) on Southwest Airlines at 08:25 AM
Arrive in Dallas (Love Field) (DAL) at 10:35 AM
B
Change planes to Southwest Airlines in Dallas (Love Field) (DAL) at 12:10 PM
Arrive in San Francisco (SFO) at 02:00 PM
Fri Oct 2
A
Depart San Francisco (SFO) on Southwest Airlines at 03:55 PM
Arrive in San Diego (SAN) at 05:25 PM
B
Change planes to Southwest Airlines in San Diego (SAN) at 06:35 PM
Arrive in Chicago (Midway) (MDW) at 12:30 AM, Next Day







No comments: