Thursday, September 24, 2015

BEST MEAL OF THE YEAR

For traditional religious Jews there are several 'fasting days during the year.  Traditionally, my family observed the fast of Yom Kippur only.  The fast is more meaningful if one finds themselves in Shul (Synagogue) during the day.  In recent years, I have gone to Synagogue during at least part of the day.    Jews greet each other during this holiday by wishing each other a meaningful and easy fast. I would be lying if I said that I look forward to the fast.  I do not. However, since I do fast - you cannot believe how much I look forward to the meal that breaks the fast.  There is no food that I enjoy more when breaking fast than bagels and lox.  Since I started my new lifestyle back on December 24, 2014 - I have not had a bagel.  Bagels used to be a staple in my 'diet.'  BAGELS ARE NOT LOW CALORIE AND THEY ARE NOT NUTRITIOUS.  THEY ARE HOWEVER, QUITE DELICIOUS.   My dinner, my first food that I had in 24 hours was a meal of bagels and lox and as always, it was the  BEST MEAL OF THE YEAR.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
Wednesday MENU

breakfast   YOM KIPPUR - FAST DAY - NO MEAL                0 CALORIES
lunch         YOM KIPPUR - FAST DAY - NO MEAL                0 CALORIES
dinner       TWO BAGELS w/LOX & CREAM CHEESE      880  CALORIES
SNACK    POPPED CARAMEL CORN                                 385 CALORIES

total calories consumed  1265 calories                                                              
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

CALORIES BURNED

6.5 mile walk home from Synagogue, leisurely walk at 3 MPH              651 calories

WEDNESday net calories 614 calories


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
fitbit day 21
20028 steps

Most of the steps recorded on Wednesday were from my walk home from Synagogue (6.5 miles)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 




After YOM KIPPUR services on Wednesday I walked home as I had planned.  I was wearing suit pants and a white shirt and tie.  I made no effort for speed.  I was walking at my normal leisurely pace of 3mph.   (I never even loosened the top button of my white dress shirt)   Nevertheless,  6.5 mile walk is not nothing.  I found a calorie estimator online, from sparkpeople.com and apparently even a walk at that leisurely pace for two full hours should have 'burned' 650 calories.  Yesterday was a 'fasting' day - I am happy to have had some physical exercise.  Really, this has to be counted as a day off from my daily exercise routine.  Still, I am glad to post some calories burned over and above what one burns simply by being alive and breathing.

Calories Burned - WALKING: 3 mph

(20 minutes per mile)

The number of calories one burns while exercising is dependent on the exercise, your weight, and the time spent doing the exercise. The calories burned calculator estimates calories burned during your workout.
 Calories Burned: 651 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

weekly status report

Hi Marc, here are your weekly stats.
Sep 14, 2015 to Sep 20, 2015
WEEK'S MOST ACTIVE DAY
Sat, Sep 19
WEEK'S LEAST ACTIVE DAY
Fri, Sep 18
TOTAL STEPS
143,937 
DAILY AVERAGE
20,562 steps
BEST DAY
30,044 steps
TOTAL DISTANCE
68.83 miles 
DAILY AVERAGE
9.83 miles
BEST DAY
14.34 miles
TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED
193 
DAILY AVERAGE
28 floors
BEST DAY
57 floors
TOTAL CALS BURNED
30,133 
DAILY AVERAGE
4,305 cals
BEST DAY
5,080 cals
WEIGHT CHANGE
0.0 lb
LIGHTEST
226.6 lbHEAVIEST
226.6 lb
Add caption
AVG SLEEP DURATION
-- hrs -- min
Seems like you haven't
tracked your sleep.

Need Help?
Last week's step winners
1Marc 
143,937 steps
2Bobby
101,199 steps
3Andrew J.
87,626 steps
See current leaderboard
Last week's badges

See all of my badges



No comments: