Wednesday, September 9, 2015

YOSEMITE PARK WEATHER

Exactly three weeks from now, 21 days to be exact...I will be in a van with 6 other guys headed to Yosemite Park in preparation for the climb up Half Dome.  A few months ago I was concerned that my physical condition was peaking.  I am sure that my conditioning has improved much over the past few weeks.  My plan is to start 'relaxing' my physical output as the October 1st hiking date approaches.  My current thinking is that once I get to within a week or ten days of the actual climb that I need to start ratcheting down my workouts.   During that last week or so will be no time to take 30 mile bike rides or spend three hours on an elliptical machine.   It is never a good time for an injury and now would be a particularly bad time - so I need to be extra careful.

It is now time to start thinking about the weather that we might be facing on October 1.





As I review this chart it appears that it might be quite cold in the early morning hours when our hike begins.   As the temperature is likely to rise to the high sixties or low seventies, it appears that we will not be too cold during the day.   The very fact that I am reviewing this information and thinking about the weather in Yosemite Park continues to confirm that the day of the hike is looming ever closer.   I am looking forward to it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

 Tuesday MENU

breakfast   oatmeal, center cut bacon, poached eggs                                 608 calories
lunch         baby spinach salad, asparagus, tomato, clam chowder
                 ginger crystallized dark chocolate                                            841 calories
dinner       melon salad, copping soup, chewy ginger, choc chips            690 calories
SNACKS  MULTIGRAIN RICE CAKES, DIVINE DARK CHOC      1345 calories

total calories consumed     3484 calories                                                              
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

YMCA PRECOR EFX elliptical 120 minutes, manual setting
level 20 resistance, level 20 incline                      1767 calories

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED 1767CALORIES

TUESday net calories 1717 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yesterday I received my first weekly update from fitbit... I am definitely enjoying this new toy...




Hi Marc, here are your weekly stats.
Aug 31, 2015 to Sep 06, 2015
WEEK'S MOST ACTIVE DAY
Sun, Sep 6
WEEK'S LEAST ACTIVE DAY
Mon, Aug 31
TOTAL STEPS
91,616 
DAILY AVERAGE
13,088 steps
BEST DAY
40,001 steps
TOTAL DISTANCE
43.87 miles 
DAILY AVERAGE
6.27 miles
BEST DAY
19.09 miles
TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED
72 
DAILY AVERAGE
10 floors
BEST DAY
33 floors
TOTAL CALS BURNED
21,682 
DAILY AVERAGE
3,097 cals
BEST DAY
5,811 cals
WEIGHT CHANGE
1.1 lb 
LIGHTEST
225.8 lbHEAVIEST
226.9 lb
AVG SLEEP DURATION
hrs 49 min 
AVG TIMES AWAKENED
7
AVG TIME TO FALL ASLEEP
0hrs 10min
Last week's step winners
1Bobby
95,006 steps
2Marc 
91,616 steps
3Andrew J.
83,253 steps
See current leaderboard
Last week's badges

See all of my badges

THIS FIRST WEEKLY SUMMARY THAT I RECEIVED FROM FITBIT ONLY INCLUDED THAT STATS FROM FIVE DAYS (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon).... I ONLY PURCHASED THE THING ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
fitbit day 6
15,691 steps

No comments: