Wednesday, September 30, 2015

NORTH FACE LOGO

The North Face brand traces its history to San Francisco in 1968.  The name, North Face, was chosen as the north face of a mountain in the northern hemisphere is generally the coldest, iciest and most formidable route to climb.  Today, I ask you.... Does this logo look familiar?


.



The North Face quarter-circle logo was designed by California designer, David Alcorn in 1971.  It is meant to evoke Half Dome, the massive granite rock monolith in Yosemite National Park.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Tuesday was a travel day.  I had two flights to get from Chicago to San Francisco where our group is converging prior to the four hour drive to Yosemite on Wednesday.  Tuesday was going to be a day off from exercise.  And it was.  Nevertheless, I managed to walk nearly 15 miles.  I spent all my downtime at the two airports waiting for my flights by non-stop walking around the terminal.  Once I arrived in San Carlos (San Francisco suburb where I stayed last evening) I took another 4 mile hike to pick up some apples and oranges for the hike.  When the day was over... My fitbit had recorded a total of 31192 steps.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Tuesday MENU

breakfast  oatmeal                                                                                        600 calories
lunch        Spinach Salad, 2 Apples, Ritz Crackers, 2 energy bars            1328 calories
dinner       Salad, Seafood Paella (Shrimp, scallops)                                   800 calories
SNACK   WASABI PEAS                                                                           510 calories
     
TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED 3238 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED
NO SPECIFIC WORKOUT... NEARLY 15 MILES WALKED AT AN AVERAGE PACE OF 3MPH FOR APPROXIMATELY 4 HOURS                   1423 CALORIES


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
TuesDAY NET CALORIES 1815 CALORIES

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

fitbit day 27
31192 steps

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


No comments: