Sunday, September 30, 2018

NORTHERLY ISLAND (DAY 62)

I definitely had an extra bounce in my step from the moment I stepped on my scale on Saturday morning. The euphoria that I felt, realizing just how much weight I have shed since July 31st made me feel terrific. The last seven days included another drop of 4.4 lbs. I am officially in the 230's. Nine weeks ago, I was an astounding 283.6 lbs. I literally was having trouble just walking around the corner. I set out for a walk on Saturday morning, with the intention of talking a ten mile urban hike with Northerly Island as a destination.  By the time I returned home, I had logged fifteen miles. 

And here's a fact that just about no one in the universe could possibly care about but I do.  This weekend marks the third anniversary since I successfully made the summit at Half-Dome in Yosemite.  It was one of the most memorable and best days of my life. On that day, I weighed 227 lbs. Just ten months prior to the epic climb, I had weighed 309 lbs.  I had shed 82 lbs when I climbed that rock in Yosemite, and on that day I weighed 227 lbs.  Today it is three years later and I am only 11.2 lbs from that weight.  I might return to that weight before the month of October ends. That ain't bad.






.

.








No comments: