Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WORKOUT ANYTIME

Yesterday I had my first appointment scheduled for 4:00PM, approximately 400 miles from Chicago in Bowling Green, Kentucky.   There was not enough time to get up early and workout prior to leaving Chicago at 6:00AM in the morning.  As I approached Bowling Green I was disappointed to learn that this was a town without a YMCA.

So, for the first time, I decided to check one of the more commercial fitness clubs.   I found a regional chain called WORKOUT ANYTIME.


The website invites people to try the facility at no charge.  I took them up on the offer.   The girl at the front desk who requested just some quick rudimentary information from me couldn't have been nicer.  The biggest difference between Workout Anytime and any of the YMCA's that I have visited is that one didnt have to master a maze to get from the desk to the locker room and then to the cardio area.   This was a storefront operation.   One walks in.   The locker room is in the back and all the cardio equipment is right up front.  It appears that the fee for membership is only $15/month.   I checked the website for the other locations - and this chain is mostly in the Southeast - so it is not a good match for me.   I do think that I might have to check out another chain location today as my next stop, Evansville, Indiana is also a town without a YMCA.

WORKOUT ANYTIME - LOCATIONS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Tuesday MENU
breakfast  Real Foods Corn Thins, Oatmeal w/apples, Apples                945 calories
lunch        Whole Foods bulk foods, cherries, peas, mango, goji, etc     1887 calories
dinner       Red Delicious Apples, KIND bar - almond, coconut               380 calories
SNACK   Kahuna Crunch Trail Mix, Strawberry Vanilla Hemp Granola 1521 calories

(I went a little overboard on my bulk selections at Whole Foods.  The good thing is that I know that I did.  It proves to me so well, why I gained back so much weight so quickly eight years ago after I initially discovered Whole Foods.  Back in those days, I was eating the bulk foods with complete reckless abandon - simply not knowing, or perhaps not wanting to know how calorie packed some of these NATURAL, HEALTHY FOODS are)

total calories consumed 4713 calories

calories burned
Elliptical machine (WORKOUT ANYTIME) INTERVAL LEVEL TWENTY, 130 minutes
CALORIES BURNED   1893 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Monday net calories 2820 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks.

pure cambogia slim