Monday, July 20, 2015

THE TIMELESS ART OF SEDUCTION

First let me begin by acknowledging that today I  'JUMPED THE SHARK.'  (For those of you unfamiliar with this phrase, here is the definition of 'jumping the shark' from wikipedia:
Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode or aspect of the show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest, which is taken as a sign of desperation, and is seen by viewers to be the point at which the show strayed irreparably from its original premise.  The phrase is based on a scene from a fifth-season of the sitcom Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while on water-skis.
Please understand that if I say that I am jumping the shark today, it is all in good fun.  My weight loss has been serious business, and the health benefits have been immeasurable, but the blog has been posted each day mostly to amuse me, and hopefully to amuse you, my readers (at least a little bit)

So without further adieu...

This picture of the character George Costanza is a goofy portrait taken by Kramer in order to impress a girl in the hilariously funny sitcom, Seinfeld.    The photo was from an episode titled: THE PACKAGE.  In this episode Kramer advises Costanza on 'The Timeless Art of Seduction' and offers to take some photographs of him that he can send to a woman that George is interested in.




There is a reason why I am giving you this information.  Yesterday my 13 year old daughter and I went to the beach here in Chicago.  We have had a tradition that has run for many years. My daughter and I go to the beach.  I dig a deep hole.  And I take some photos of my daughter in the hole.   Some of these photos when my daughter was real young are real cute.


In recent years it has been harder and harder to dig a hole deep enough, or wide enough so that my daughter could get in the hole.  Yesterday, I did manage to dig an appropriate hole in the sand.  I took some fun pictures of my daughter.  BUT THEN I GOT THE IDEA THAT I WANTED A PICTURE OR TWO OF ME IN THE HOLE.   The photo that I am going to share with you below simply reminded me too much of George Constanza and The Timeless Art of Seduction.


OK, that's it... I have had my fun... I will tell you this though... never in a million years would I have thought that this would have been an amusing pose when I tipped the scale at 309 lbs.   At 218 lbs, I guess you can see that I am having a bit of fun...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Sunday MENU
breakfast  apple, three poached eggs, oatmeal, center cut bacon       808 calories 
lunch        two apples, granola, wasabi peas, medjool dates, mango  850 calories
dinner       SALAD, CHICKEN THIGH APPLE, Kahuna Crunch    833 calories
SNACK   RICE CAKES, GLAD CORN                                            442 calories

total calories consumed 2934 calories

calories burned
HOME STAR TRAC ELLIPTICAL 92 minutes, level 20                     2262 calories
The duration of this workout was a major accomplishment for me...I used to dread being on this specific elliptical machine set to level 17 for just a three minutes during a so-called fat-burning session.

CALORIES BURNED 2262 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Saturday net calories 672 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


Here are just three pictures of my daughter taken yesterday... 





and finally...one more photo... 

different hole.
      same beach.
               same girl.  (2006)



No comments: