Saturday, July 4, 2015

SUPERHEAVY IS EXCELLENT

The Rolling Stones have been criss-crossing North America these past few weeks. Rolling Stones fans have been bemoaning the anemic amount of new music from these guys over the past couple of decades it might be instructive to get acquainted with some of the 'side-projects' that have involved Mick Jagger.  One such side project was SUPERHEAVY.  As you know, I was SUPER HEAVY back in December 2014.  However my condition of being SUPER HEAVY should not be confused with a collection of musicians who got together in 2011 and created one SUPER album.  They called themselves SUPERHEAVY.  They called their album SUPERHEAVYRolling Stones fans mostly yawned at this release.  Not me, I thought initially, and still a few years later... That the music on this album was terrific.  


I NEVER ENJOYED BEING SUPERHEAVY.
I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED SUPERHEAVY.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last evening, at my Chabad House where I enjoyed a few 'L'chaims' - the alcohol on the menu was ZACHLAWI FIG ARAK
There is only one ARAK made with Figs and this is it! This amazingly smooth product provides a gentle Anise flavor with subtle hints of fruit and wood undertones. It maintains a long lingering finish with a slightly spicy mouth feel. Try an amazingly different product. Fig Arak: produced in small batches by hand with figs soaking in alcohol for no less than 120 days
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


215.1 lbs

I weigh 215.1 lbs.
lost 2.5 lbs this week.

I lost 93.9 lbs in 192 days.Today begins Day193.
I have lost nearly 16 inches from my waist. 
(I am just beginning to wear (squeeze into) 34" waist blue jeans and slacks.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 215.1 lbs. (192 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 30.4% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 28.77 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on Dec 24 just 192 days ago (Class III obesity)

I have one word to describe how I feel this morning: JAZZED!


...I know how to begin this week... I think it might be another good day to visit my 'hometown' YMCA.  
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 FRIDAY MENU
breakfast   two apples, granola                                                         259 calories
lunch        WHOLE FOODS HOT FOOD BAR, bulk foods         1441 calories
dinner       SHABBAT DINNER @ CHABAD HOUSE
                  (gefilte fish, horseradish, tomato salad, chicken soup,
                  eggplant, chicken, small slice of dessert)                         600 calories                
SNACK    7? ZACHLAWI FIG ARAK 'L'Chaims'                           490 calories
                                                
total calories consumed 2790 calories

calories burned
HOME ELLIPTICAL 90 MINUTES, MANUAL SETTING, LEVEL '20'  2040 CALORIES


Friday net calories  750 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


from wikipedia on SUPERHEAVY:
The existence of SuperHeavy was secret until May 2011. Mick Jagger, English musician and the lead vocalist of rock band The Rolling Stones, announced its formation on 20 May 2011. SuperHeavy was Dave Stewart's idea. Inspired by the sounds washing into his home in St Ann's BayJamaica, Stewart urged Jagger to fuse their sound with that of Indian orchestras. Stewart and Jagger had mutual liking for Indian orchestrations; thus, A. R. Rahman was added to the supergroup. The name of the band is said to be inspired by Muhammad Ali.
In early 2009, Jagger, Rahman, Stewart, Joss Stone and Damian Marleyexperimented at Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles, trying to "write songs which had meaning", during which they recorded 29 songs in 10 days. SuperHeavy is rounded out by Marley's rhythm section of bassist/composer Shiah Coore and drummer Courtney Diedrick along with a longtime Stewart collaborator, rock violinist Ann Marie Calhoun.
The group began recording their self-titled debut album in early 2009 at a studio in Los Angeles. They recorded about 35 hours of music, with some songs originally lasting "an hour and 10 minutes" before they were whittled down. The album was previewed at Jim Henson Studios, Los Angeles, on 30 June 2011. The band played eight of the recorded songs at the event. Their debut single, "Miracle Worker", released on 6 July 2011 received mostly positive reviews. Mick Jagger sings in Sanskrit on "Satyameva Jayathe" ("truth alone triumphs"), the second single, released on 9 August 2011. Composed by Rahman, the song also features Stewart, Stone and Marley.
  • A. R. Rahman – Piano, synthesizers, continuum fingerboard, vocals, drum programming








Track Listings

1. Superheavy
2. Unbelievable
3. Miracle Worker
4. Energy
5. Satyameva Jayathe
6. One Day One Night     -------------------------- GREAT SONG!
7. Never Gonna Change
8. Beautiful People
9. Rock Me Gently
10. I Can't Take It No More   ---------------------- GREAT SONG!
11. I Don't Mind
12. World Keeps Turning
13. Mahiya
14. Warring People
15. Common Ground
16. Hey Captain   ------------------------------------ GREAT SONG!

No comments: