Sunday, July 12, 2015

IF THE SHOE FITS

IF THE SHOE FITS

An ellipsis (anapodoton) of "if the shoe fits, wear it".

PHRASE
  1. (idiomatic) If it has all of the characteristics of a thing, it probably is that thing. 
    "Everyone keeps calling me obese!" "Well, if the shoe fits..."

Can you imagine another blog where you would be exposed to the word, anapodoton?
Doesn't anapodoton sound like some kind of dinosaur!

Inside the Red Wing Shoe Store & Museum is the World’s Largest Boot. It is size 638.5, (20 feet long) 16 feet tall and definitely worth a photo!

I was really disappointed that my weight apparently fluctuated up six pounds from last week.  This leads me to believe one of three things:

My weight last week was understated.
My weight this week was overstated.
My weight last week was a bit understated AND my weight this week was a bit overstated.

What I do know is that my clothes are fitting as good as ever.  I have been wearing a pair of jeans which I consider to be 'skinny jeans' and while they are not loose around the waist - they are completely comfortable.

So, if the clothes fit, wear them!
and worry a little less about what the scale says.
It's the tape measure that tells the real story.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Saturday MENU
breakfast  OKAMI SUSHI (WALGREEN'S), ONE APPLE                   680 calories
lunch        Whole Foods Salad Bar, Various Bulk Foods                       1120 calories
dinner       Whole Foods Salad Bar, Chicken Tortilla Soup                     415 calories
SNACK    various bulk foods: mango, raw cacao goji, granola, ginger  759 calories

total calories consumed 2976 calories

calories burned
YMCA PRECOR EFX ELLIPTICAL 125 MINUTES, 1620 CALORIES

CALORIES BURNED 1620 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Saturday net calories 1356 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 




No comments: