Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I FORGOT HOW MUCH ENERGY A YOUNG PERSON HAS

The past few weeks I have been crowing about my sixty minute, 90 minute and even two hour workout sessions.  Last evening I got a bit of a reality check.  I watched my daughter practice with her water polo team and the coach had 30 kids swimming non-stop for 90 minutes!  (And Monday is the short day....Tuesday's session will be for two and one half hours!)  I met my wife and daughter at the pool where practice was held and I watched my daughter swimming back and forth in the pool for a solid 45 minutes without a break!  It did get me to thinking, that maybe my workout sessions have not been quite as stupendous as I had led myself to believe!  I appears that I have forgotten just how much energy a young person has.  Still, I remain convinced that my workouts have been somewhat impressive for someone whose 58th birthday is approaching in four months.

The difference between a 57 year old man working out for  90 min and  a 13 year old girl working out for 90 min is that that girl does not have the need to blog about it to the whole world.  I am 57 and I do feel the need to brag a bit about it (at least little bit...)


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 Monday MENU
breakfast   three poached eggs, center cut bacon, oatmeal, Rice Cakes   1070 calories
lunch         Turkey Bacon Club Sandwich                                                  382 calories
dinner        Blackened Fish, lentils avoacado,greens, bulk foods               1711calories
SNACK     pear, two apples                                                                        302 calories

total calories consumed 3467 calories

calories burned
HOME STAR TRAC ELLIPTICAL 90 minutes, level 20                    2250 calories

CALORIES BURNED 2250 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Monday net calories 1217 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


No comments: