Wednesday, July 29, 2015

BAD HABITS ARE LIKE BIKE RIDING (YOU NEVER FORGET)

Let me explain.
Bad habits are bad.  (<----not the most clever thing I have ever written)
It said that there are some things one never forgets - like remembering how to ride a bicycle.
Bad habits are like riding a bicycle - one does not forget bad habits.



There are many things that have either surprised me and/or given me joy over the past half year.
Of course, I am overjoyed that I have lost approximately 90 lbs from my starting point of 309 lbs.
I am pleased (and no longer shocked) that I have successfully ended my habit of eating at McDonalds, Burger King, White Castle and similar unhealthy restaurants. (Considering that I ate at establishments like this three times per day nearly every day for a large portion of my life - this was no small accomplishment.)  This lifestyle change is secure.  Nothing is pulling me back into that particular bad habit.

The habit that I have not broken myself from is the habit of overeating.
I tamed this habit for 4 months when I limited myself to 1000 calories per day and dropped 90 lbs.
As I increased my calories, I have increased the intensity and the time spent exercising.
In fact, I have developed a habit of exercising and I have embraced this new habit.

The habit of overeating has not been so easy to tame.
In fact, it is not tamed.
I do still eat too many apples, too many 'nutritional' energy bars.
I do eat too often and too much at the bulk foods section of a few different grocery stores.
.
I have seen my calories consumed per day first approach 3000 and then exceed 3000 per day.
I have been maintaining my aggressive workout schedule so I think I have been masking this problem fairly well.  I am still wearing all the 36" or 38" waist pants that I was wearing two and three months ago.  So, I have not developed a major problem here - although I have bounced up and down five or six pounds in the past few weeks.

The absolute worst thing that I have done  - is said to myself....
I WILL START TOMORROW.
I have been thinking that I should string together a one or two or three 1000 calorie days just to insure a good week at the scale.   As each day unfolds and I am considering this, I find myself saying to myself: I WILL START TOMORROW.

This is the really bad habit that I have (apparently) not forgotten.
I should have a real low calorie day today, Wednesday....but maybe I WILL START TOMORROW.
THIS IS A BAD HABIT - AND IT IS A TOUGH ONE TO BREAK.

I have heard that one cannot cure oneself of a problem without first recognizing the problem.
At least I have that first step solved.  I know that I have a problem.
Me thinks it might be time for step two - take a new action.
On the other hand....if  I don't start today....I WILL START TOMORROW. (Wrong answer.)



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Tuesday MENU

breakfast  John McCann Oatmeal, bacon, poached eggs                             590 calories
lunch        Jimmy Johns BOOTLEGGER UNWICH, pickle                       300 calories
dinner       Panera Bread Onion Soup, Half Asiago Steak sandwich
                 wasabi peas, mango slices, yogurt almonds, granola
                 wasabi rice crackers                                                                 1784 calories
SNACK   APPLE, CLIFF TRAIL MIX BAR, bulk foods                       1007 calories


total calories consumed 3682 calories

calories burned
HOME STAR TRAC ELLIPTICAL 92 minutes, level 20                     2285 calories

CALORIES BURNED 2307 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Tuesday net calories 1375 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


















No comments: