Saturday, July 18, 2015

THE HARD WEIGH

'THE HARD WAY' is a song written by Ray Davies of The Kinks and first released on their 1976 album, Schoolboys in Disgrace.


For the past seven months, I have tried to limit myself to one trip to the scale per week.   Every once in a while I take preview to see where I am headed. Sometimes the scales makes me very happy and seemingly just as often the result is a hard weigh - which is always annoying.   I lost most of my weight in the first four months.  In the last three months I have been bouncing between 215 lbs and 224 lbs.  I take some satisfaction in that I have been successful in maintaining my weight.   I am aware that it has only been three months since I dropped 90 lbs - but up until now - I have NEVER been successful in keeping weight off after it was lost. In the two previous times that I have lost weight, the moment I stopped losing - I started gaining.  Not this time.   My weight has recently leveled off as I have nearly TRIPLED my calorie consumption.   For the first four months I was consuming 1000 calories per day maximum.   In recent weeks, I have been consuming nearly 3000 calories per day.   It is true that I have also increased the time spent working out each day.  More importantly, my workouts have become much more efficient as I am working out harder than ever and burning more calories per session.  I can do this as I am in much better shape and far stronger now than when I began in January.

Still, each Saturday morning I wake up and step onto the scale and I am usually unsure if I will have a good weigh or a hard weigh.   This morning, I had a good weigh!

The Kinks Schoolboys in Disgrace, 1976

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


218.9 lbs

I weigh 218.9 lbs.
I lost 2 lbs this week
I lost 90.1 lbs in 206 days. Today begins Day 207.
I have lost nearly 16 inches from my waist. 
(I am just beginning to wear (squeeze into) 34" waist blue jeans and slacks.
I will always be at the beginning of a journey that never ends.
I weigh 218.9 lbs. (206 days ago I weighed 309 lbs)
I have lost 29.2% of my weight since Dec 24.
I have a BMI, body mass index of 29.28 (far away from obesity!)
I had a 42.0 BMI on Dec 24 just 206 days ago (Class III obesity)

I have one word to describe how I feel this morning: PLEASED


...I know how to begin this week... I think it might be another good day to visit my 'hometown' YMCA.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

 FRIDAY MENU
breakfast  steel cut oat meal, medjool dates, dried mango             791 calories
lunch        Whole Foods Salad Bar, Turkish Figs                           440 calories
dinner      White Fish, Southern Collared Greens, Trail Mix          999 calories
SNACK   granola, dried mango, medjool dates, pistachios            703 calories

total calories consumed 2934 calories

calories burned
HOME ELLIPTICAL 65 MINUTES, MANUAL SETTING, LEVEL '20'  1528 CALORIES


Friday net calories  1406 calories

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kinks Album Covers

Wisdom from THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD




No comments: