Friday, July 17, 2015

TIME TRAVELLER

The stupid thing about me losing 90 pounds this past year and dropping from 309 lbs to 220 lbs is that I have 'been here before.'   As I wrote many times in the past, about eight years ago I tipped the scale at 300 lbs and dropped 80 lbs and briefly touched upon a weight of 220 lbs (for about five minutes) before I reversed course and zoomed back up and beyond where I had started.   This time I have no plans on repeating that stupidity.    

As I travel the countryside I often pass things that make me believe that I am a time traveller.   Last week on the way to Evanston, Indiana I was surprised to pass a bonafide DRIVE IN MOVIE THEATRE.   At first glance though, the marquee might have looked like it was from a long-closed theatre as the movie titles were from long ago:  TERMINATOR and JURASSIC WORLD.   Of course, I realized that this is a statement about HOLLYWOOD constantly revisiting movies that have been released in the past.  Nevertheless, this DRIVE IN MOVIE THEATRE is currently active.  I checked the internet to discover that there are only about 300+ DRIVE IN MOVIE THEATRES left in America these days.   


Another thing that I have passed in my approximately half million miles travelled in my automobile in the past 20+ years is an actual phone booth.  I think I have seen less than half dozen of these antiques.  Seeing an actual telephone booth is an extremely rare thing to see.   





Although it is said that history repeats itself...

I do not ever expect to see drive in movie theaters making a comeback.
I do not ever expect to see telephone booths on every other street corner
I do not ever expect to weigh 300+ lbs again.  (or anywhere near there)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 Thursday MENU
breakfast    Steel Cut Oat Meal                                                              300 calories
lunch          WHOLE FOODS SALAD BAR, mixed vegetables         1207 calories
dinner         WHOLE FOODS SALAD BAR, various bulk items         865 calories
SNACK      pineapple ring, superfood cereal hemp & greens granola  548 calories


total calories consumed 2921 calories

calories burned
THE ANN ARBOR YMCA LIMITS THEIR MACHINES TO 45 MINUTES PER SESSION.
Although I remained on the same machine, I simply did two sessions: one longer than the other.
YMCA Ann Arbor PRECOR EFX 50 minutes         629 calories
YMCA Ann Arbor PRECOR EFX 30 minutes         401 calories

CALORIES BURNED 1030 CALORIES
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Monday net calories 1891 calories
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

In the fictional 'old days' Clark Kent utilized a telephone booth in order to shed his suit and become Superman.















No comments: