Friday, October 26, 2018

MOUNT BALDHEAD (DAY 88)

The highpoint (pun intended) of my day yesterday took place after my 5.5 mile hike at Van Buren State Park. The highpoint came when I successfully climbed the 300 steps at Mt. Baldhead in Saugatuck during an additional .75 mile hike at a second location about 20 miles north of Van Buren State Park.

Mt. Baldhead. Saugatuck, Michigan. In the first picture I am contemplating the 300 step climb. In the second picture, I am smiling having completed the 300 step climb.




Mount Baldhead, also known as Bald Head PeakBaldhead, and Radar Hill is a summit of a hill in Allegan County, Michigan. Mount Baldhead is a hill and a sand dune, in the Sand Hills between Kalamazoo Lake and Lake Michigan. It is located northwest of Saugatuck. It has an elevation of 794 feet / 242 meters.


* * * * * * * * * *








.

No comments: